Single stack S&W M&P coming soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one about a month ago after they came out. I got it at everyones favorite gunstore, Dongs, for $428 out the door. They seemed to be the only one who had one left at that time. I've been to the range twice and have run about 300 rounds thru it of various brands of ammo from reloads to Hornaday self defense. It ate everything with zero malfunctions. The trigger pull is really nice and crisp unlike a Ruger or Kel-Tec. The sights are also very good which combined with the great trigger made for good accuracy. I like the extended mag as I have big hands but I shot just as well with the smaller mag. I let a friend who likes the high dollar guns shoot it and he loved it so he has ordered one in .40 cal. I may get one too but want to shoot his first to see how the recoil is. Like the other reviews I love mine.

cayton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine came in yesterday (Stillwater Armory). I haven't got to shoot it yet, but it feels great in my (large) hands. My pinky hangs completely off with the flush magazine, but I get a full grip with the extended magazine. If it shoots half as well as internet people say, I think it will be a winner.

i.imgur.com_a1gQ9l.jpg

Still in the box.

i.imgur.com_PDOk5l.jpg

Kershaw Blur for size comparison.

i.imgur.com_uF5f7l.jpg

It's pretty dang thin.

i.imgur.com_CXuPkl.jpg

I like the sights.

i.imgur.com_JBFdTl.jpg

Don't judge me for the crappy holster. I'm waiting on a Crossbreed SuperTuck, and this is all I have that would fit it. Notice the expert stitching by yours truly. On another note, I can pretty easily pocket carry this, especially in any kind of cargo pants/shorts.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
...if you bought an M&P that lacked a safety and you wanted to add one you can.

Can you post links or information pertaining to adding a safety to a M&P?

I looked for info about adding a safety to my M&PC when I first got it, and found a lot of "it can't be done".

Thanks.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I read on a forum that the Shield 40 could be converted to 9mm by using a Shield 9 barrel.:anyone:

If someone would make an aftermarket .357 Sig barrel for the M&P Shield 40., I think I would have to get one.:woohoo1:

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the manual safety on the Shield, it is really unobtrusive. I would not bother with removing it, just don't use it...which is easy to not do, since it take a bit of effort with your thumb to set it to "safe".

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As for the manual safety on the Shield, it is really unobtrusive. I would not bother with removing it, just don't use it...which is easy to not do, since it take a bit of effort with your thumb to set it to "safe".

^^This, I just don't like the "extra" parts that are not needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom