Six year old furnace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting a furnace placed next week, the current one works fine and was installed in May of 2018. It is a long story as to why I am replacing it but the fact is it works fine and there is nothing wrong with it.

My question is, should I keep it and try to sell it or is it not worth my time? I am not sure if it has any value so wanted to ask you smart guys/gals.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting a furnace placed next week, the current one works fine and was installed in May of 2018. It is a long story as to why I am replacing it but the fact is it works fine and there is nothing wrong with it.

My question is, should I keep it and try to sell it or is it not worth my time? I am not sure if it has any value so wanted to ask you smart guys/gals.
Donate it to Habitat for Humanity.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, years ago I got hold of an electric furnace pulled out of a trailer home being demolished. I wired it up dual-branch with 6 gauge SO cord to two 50Amp welding outlets in my shop for winter heat. Put an old mercury switch thermostat on it’s side, mounted it on a furniture dolly and roll it out/plug it in as necessary. I only run it to keep about 50 degrees max (had to tilt the thermostat sideways to go that low) but it keeps things from freezing and makes for comfortable & dry winter car repairs.
Someone might need it😉

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, the tax savings on donations is 10 cents on the dollar so if you estimate its worth for say, $2000, you'll only save $200 on taxes but thats better than a poke in the eye.
With the standard deduction now being $12.6K for single, unmarried, it takes a lot of itemizing for those donations to come into play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom