Members who just want arms list, should I be bothered? Classifieds gripe…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, it has become a problem for me as I downsize my collection I have encountered plenty of “ I’ll take it!” followed with stories of why they can’t take it.

I was going to take some pistols to the swap meet but it’s also going on at the shows to a lesser degree but frustrating nonetheless.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done two deals in the past year with brand-new members. Both times I was expecting a ghost or some other crap. Both were 100% GTG guys, one has started posting here occasionally. He left feedback, the other did not.

Pretty sure the other guy just wanted to sell his rifle and move along. Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. I'm glad to see more traffic in the Classifieds but my bank account is not...

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forum Feedback is important & a responsibility if we want to to keep the Forum legitimate. I haven’t had any negative experiences. I believe I left feedback on every transaction, and I am fairly certain likewise in return.
I also don’t hesitate to request feedback & offer a positive feedback on FTF exchanges/ transactions.
For those of us in classifieds, feedback is important. Also, can tell a lot about a pending transaction by the level of communication. That will be revealing.
OVER 30 years meeting FTF , via Sunday Oklahoman classifieds & ArmsList in the old days, & now OSA, all over Oklahoma, rural & urban environments, I guess my Guardian Angel has been busy 😄. So far all good people.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I literally just got a text a few minutes ago about why the system wouldn’t take a feedback being left.
Just use the ‘short review’ and put everything you want in that box.
Anything else will ask for a URL or a link or a pic or something.
Might explain why some FB isn’t being left.
@Support Dev, can we simplify the feedback process?

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So recently I’ve had couple mildly irritating things happen in the classifieds. First being a cheap .38 I saw right after it posted, pm’ed, guy responded and I told him I’d buy it. We were communicating about a meet up. He even told me he ran home on break to grab the pistol and he’d have it ready for us to meet etc… so at this point, I’m planning my afternoon around it. Then the guy just ghosts me. Wouldn’t respond to any of my text, wouldn’t respond to my PMs, after a while he marked it as sold… never said a word to me

So then the other day I buy a different revolver from a new-ish member. The communication was a bit spotty but we got a deal and a meet up arranged. The gun came with 6 boxes of defensive ammo. During our meet up, he seemed like a fine fellow, I told him about feedback, told him I would leave him some feedback and asked if he would leave some for me also. He never did… then when I got home and began inspecting the ammo, I’m suspicious that a lot of it is actually reloads. He said he bought the gun and ammo from an elderly neighbor a few years ago. So I pm’ed him politely reminding about the feedback, and I asked him about the ammo if it was possible it was reloads if he knew anything about it. Zero response…

Last summer I bought a boat from a member. I asked him about the feedback in person as well and his response was pretty much “I don’t give a chit about anything on OSA” …. Hmmmm.. I’d say well over half of the deals I’ve done on here I never received feedback. I leave feedback each time. It takes 1 minute.

I guess I just wanted to gripe because I’m starting to get annoyed with these people on here who think this is just Armslist. The people who never post anything or get involved in any discussion. Only classifieds. And they seem to think it’s perfectly acceptable just to ghost people on here.

I’m not easily offended. Even if you sell something out from under me because somebody closer offered a little more or whatever I don’t care. Even if you withheld information about ammo being reloads, i’m not even mad about it, I just want to know what I’m dealing with. Just have the decency to let me know what the hell is going on! I guess communication just isn’t important to lots of people

Gripe over…
Im pretty sure that I have left more feedback than I have received but it isn't something that I really focus on. actually wasn't even aware of the ability or need to do so until a fellow nearly made me pinky-finger swear that I would leave him positive feedback before we parted on a deal. essentially all the people I have run into here probably deserve an attaboy but I never look and never expect anything beyond what is in our deal = different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done two deals in the past year with brand-new members. Both times I was expecting a ghost or some other crap. Both were 100% GTG guys, one has started posting here occasionally. He left feedback, the other did not.

Pretty sure the other guy just wanted to sell his rifle and move along. Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. I'm glad to see more traffic in the Classifieds but my bank account is not...
I mean, I'll deal with almost anyone that can legally sell me a smoking hot deal.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say this.

Remember when they allowed gun sales on fartbook? Yeah it was a long time ago.

I probably got ghosted 3/4 the time on that platform. Far worse than ever here.

Like saying I’m on my way and the other person saying they were on their way. And then never show up. Or contact you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom