Slide Release on Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I hope there's someone out here that can offer some kind of help. Spouse has Glock 43 for her SD choice, and she handles it well, shoots pretty well, BUT...the downward force to release the slide forward when a full mag is inserted to get that first round chambered....well....it's kind of a hit-or-miss and time-consuming operation for her.

Is there some mod that could made to soften the force required to release the slide forward?

Or, do we just need to modify procedure so that she just loads mag, then pulls and releases slide?

Any suggestions??

(Buying different pistol not an option right now)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being left handed, I've always used my trigger finger to operate the slide stop to drop the slide. I've also got a 43 and the lever is just not made to be operated that way. Too flat. I got a Vickers Tactical slide stop and everything works fine.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being left handed, I've always used my trigger finger to operate the slide stop to drop the slide. I've also got a 43 and the lever is just not made to be operated that way. Too flat. I got a Vickers Tactical slide stop and everything works fine.

Tell me about Vickers stop, please.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to take a stone to the slide or the slide stop and smooth them out. In extreme instances, you need to change the angle of engagement to make it easier. You need to know what you're doing, but it's not difficult.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me about Vickers stop, please.

The OEM Glock slide stop is basically a straight flat piece of metal on the side of the gun. Vickers has redesigned the slide stop so that it sticks out away from the slide slightly so that you can easily move it up or down.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's actually a Slide Lock; the best way to chamber that first round, IM, is to pull and release the slide, letting it go forward and chambering the cartridge. Careful not to ride the slide; let it go home!

Latest posts

Top Bottom