Smart Shelters storm shelter installed today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wasn't someone on here offering a discount to OSA members? I can't remember which company I would love to know the cost of a jumbo or XL something to hold 8-12 people

PM Tampabucs ... He's who you are thinking of. He will do our shelter this fall. He has an OSA discount. You won't find a better deal. I am not ashamed to say I tried. :). (HEY!! GC doesn't make a commission on all that "revenue" he "generates"!!)

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This from SmartShelters in an email to my wife, replying to questions:

The Large shelter will hold 8-10 people and is on sale for $2895.00 ($400 discount included). The Extra Large is on sale for $3795.00 ($500 discount included). The prices include tax, installation, hauling the dirt off, lifetime warranty, and battery operated fan/light combo. A trip charge could apply and is billed at $3.50 per mile for each mile over 30 from our OKC location.

I think the "sale" ends today!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks I just sent him a PM

No problem ... I'ma kinda wishing I already had that thing in. Danged weathermen ... they SWORE the drought was gonna continue for a few more years ... "long cycle drought" is what they called it!! Bastards ... :grumble: I should have been a weatherman ... Nothing like getting paid for being wrong ... :grumble: :grumble:

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Smart Shelter vs Ground Zero? Looks like the Ground Zero has concrete poured in the entire void around the shelter and the hole. Smartshelter loked to be drilled into the slab and redimix mixed on just the top.
I'm assuming a post tension slab has no cables in the garage slab to interfer with cutting.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Smart Shelter vs Ground Zero? Looks like the Ground Zero has concrete poured in the entire void around the shelter and the hole. Smartshelter loked to be drilled into the slab and redimix mixed on just the top.
I'm assuming a post tension slab has no cables in the garage slab to interfer with cutting.

Per the OP:

"They filled in with dry concrete all around each side. Filled in water all the way around."

Sounds like the do fill the void around the sides with concrete.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. I do own F5 Storm Shelters and I'm giving a special deal to all OSA members. I don't think any other company will come close to this deal. PM me for details. You can go to our website at www.f5stormsheltersok.com. You can also scroll through our facebook page for tons of pics.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. I do own F5 Storm Shelters and I'm giving a special deal to all OSA members. I don't think any other company will come close to this deal. PM me for details. You can go to our website at www.f5stormsheltersok.com. You can also scroll through our facebook page for tons of pics.

We were in the neighbor's shelter tonight with two kids, a dog and 8 adults, I think. We WILL be having you guys come out this fall! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom