Smith and Wesson 617 .22lr discussion and good experience at BigBoys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgreen30

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago and 3 out of the 10 shots wouldn't fire everytime so I had to send it back to s&w. They replaced the crane and some other stuff I don't remember what all they had to do to it. I bought it brand new, it may just be in my head but I don't think it was as accurate when I got it back as it was when I sent it off but it shoots 10 out 10 shots now lol.

mtngunr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago and 3 out of the 10 shots wouldn't fire everytime so I had to send it back to s&w. They replaced the crane and some other stuff I don't remember what all they had to do to it. I bought it brand new, it may just be in my head but I don't think it was as accurate when I got it back as it was when I sent it off but it shoots 10 out 10 shots now lol.
I used to have great luck with guns, very few duds as in one or two entire life, and most were fine shooters. Then the last 8yrs or so, seemed nearly every gun had problems, including after warranty repairs....then I realized most all the problem children were of more recent manufacture so started buying older guns from when I remembered guns actually working, and the trend of duds reversed itself...

Latest posts

Top Bottom