Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted in another thread about an issue I just had. Went out this weekend with my M&P and the feed ramp completely sheared off. Looks to be MIM. This is the second issue I have had with the rifle. The first issue was a bad extractor that S&W replaced under warranty. I have submitted a warranty request on-line, even though the rifle is out of warranty (couple of years old).

I only shoot CCI ammo and might have 1000 rounds fired to date. Love shooting the rifle, just can't figure why I got the "lemon"?
Does anyone have any experience with S&W repairing their product (for free) after the warranty has expired?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I LOVE my M&P15-22...I had no idea when I first got mine that they would be so good. Mines the Talo limited edition "pink platinum" with the match grade barrel and it is extremely accurate! I equipped mine with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC 150 since it's so accurate and it will get a Hogue grip once I get around to it. I'm also considering an upgraded trigger but I'm not sure I can justify that expense for a .22LR.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I LOVE my M&P15-22...I had no idea when I first got mine that they would be so good. Mines the Talo limited edition "pink platinum" with the match grade barrel and it is extremely accurate! I equipped mine with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC 150 since it's so accurate and it will get a Hogue grip once I get around to it. I'm also considering an upgraded trigger but I'm not sure I can justify that expense for a .22LR.

Buy a trigger! I have a Gisselle S3G in mine and it is sweet! Just take off that scope and put a red dot and use it for steel challenge matches :) Here is your justification, you can always pull an expensive trigger out of the gun and stick it into another AR or resell it :gun2:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anything about shooting steel challenges so that's not a concern. I have a NM trigger in my 6.5 Grendel, I just can't make myself put one in a .22.