Smith & Wesson M&P15 for competition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd138

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So.... I love shooting my pistol, shotgun, and bolt rifle but I feel like I miss out on so many matches/events because I don't have a semi-auto rifle. My heart is really in my Rem 700 (currently have Don Franson doing a Surefire muzzle brake install, can post pics when ready if anyone is interested) so while not trying to go too cheap, I do not plan on going full steam with the new rifle. I like the feel/features/price of the S&W M&P15T. What are the group's thoughts on this rifle for some of the local 3 gun/rifle matches that seem so popular in the area? The STI sporting rifle is of interest as well. I intend on just shooting with irons and possibly grabbing a 1X red dot down the road.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Find a 20" gun to start from preferably with a freefloat tube of some sort. Make sure its threaded so you can add a comp and 0.750 out at the muzzle so you can put a clamp on front sight out there if you want a competitive irons gun.

If its just for messing around get whatever appeals to you most.

Latest posts

Top Bottom