Snow day reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyhuntr

Marksman
Reaction score
Work called off today due to sleet so I did a little reloading.

Got some 300 BO brass from another member here and decided to load some. I may have to invest a conversion kit for my 550 as I forgot how slow the chucker is.

First observation was I didn’t realize that a lot of commercial brass has crimped primers in 300 BO. Not an issue as I have the Dillion super Swage.
Started out weighing each charge but after about 20 I was throwing consistent.
Loading these just for plinking.

14.5g H110, CCI SRP, pulled 173g 303 FMJ resized to 308

4E33B0AF-C544-4A2C-A408-03B60F56D715.jpeg

F38AD16B-FF90-4C70-A9BC-9E52F087E480.jpeg

62348C69-E43D-4438-BA1B-C1CCC6129A27.jpeg

53B7A02C-8D2A-45D4-80FB-C97C84BE2A39.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep time consuming. You are making progress though.
I have been playing with Shotgun loads for my 12 gauge.

Slug mold is almost ready to start casting.
And I have loaded 3 test rounds of cupped .490" round ball loads for the 12.
3 round balls in each load.
Cornmeal for buffer and Blue Dot powder.

Next time out to the rang I will test them.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found out that they are closing my office tomorrow. I've got some 38spl to get loaded, and I think I'm going to try my hand at some stippling. I've got a P80 and a Sig frame that I'm not going to use for anything, so I won't mind mucking them up! It'll be fun to try at least.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reloading is on my agenda for tomorrow and maybe the next day. Do most of the reloading in the winter to shoot when weather is nice.

Going be reloading brass that has been annealed and not factory crimped, to test against loads that have not been annealed and have a light factory crimp.

Happy reloading to all!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found out that they are closing my office tomorrow. I've got some 38spl to get loaded, and I think I'm going to try my hand at some stippling. I've got a P80 and a Sig frame that I'm not going to use for anything, so I won't mind mucking them up! It'll be fun to try at least.
It’s been rainy here today, and I loaded up some 38 wadcutters today.

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cranked out 500 rounds of 230 gr. FMJ 45 ACP today.

Let's see, on a single stage Rock Chucker that's 2000 handle pulls........resize & deprime, bell mouth, seat primer and seat bullet plus another 500 handle pulls on the Uniflow powder measure.

Probably could have loaded 500 on some sort of progressive press in less than 1/2 the time but I started reloading back in the 80's on this Rock Chucker, I enjoy the process and have just never felt the need to go to a progressive.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never loaded wadcutters only SWC.
I have some old ones though in a box.

I was cleaning my reloading room and came across a Lee 6 cavity mold with round nose 228gr 45 cal never used.
I just loaned out my lead pot.
I have another one but smaller and I have never used it . That one is very old and may work just fine though.

Need to try it out tomorrow and the slug mold.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all fairness, I will work from home the best I can. There are some things that I can accomplish through the web, but I'll get some reloading work in at some point.

I'm actually trying my hand at stippling right now. Taking a break to give the soldering iron a rest, and looking for my respirator. I won't start it back up without wearing one. I caught a couple whiffs and could tell that stuff was no good.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness, I will work from home the best I can. There are some things that I can accomplish through the web, but I'll get some reloading work in at some point.

I'm actually trying my hand at stippling right now. Taking a break to give the soldering iron a rest, and looking for my respirator. I won't start it back up without wearing one. I caught a couple whiffs and could tell that stuff was no good.
I've often wondered about stippling (well, sort of) with a Dremel or small drill. The dimples wouldn't even have to be practically on top of each other.
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom