So I Bought A New Mattresses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought the highest end Serta iComfort and it was amazing for about 3 years. Then the foam seemed to suddenly lose all of its resiliency. Went from firm and supportive to like sleeping in a hammock almost overnight. But since without any weight on it, it will spring back to its normal height, there is no sag, and hence no warranty coverage. Tempurpedic is the only foam mattress I would buy at this point. We have foam hybrids right now that are great but as soon as they go south, I’m getting a Tempurpedic Breeze. They are $3800 each for twin XL.
All overpriced china made mattreses are a POS.My Oklhoma made mattress was $600 and I still love it 15 years later.
$3800? Holy cripes! I'd never pay that for a pile of china shcit.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my research- Sleep number is a pair of adjustable air mattresses with a board between them. Some people love them, but most people find the center section annoying and the whole setup overpriced. Does anyone have a mattress from OKC Mattress Company? They seem to have good reviews.

I just bought from Oklahoma Mattress Company last month and couldn't be happier. The guy makes the beds himself and uses 60lbs of cotton in each one. Nobody uses cotton anymore. He makes his box spring with real springs, not platforms. And he even built our box spring up to make the bed higher. Prices are reasonable as well.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought from Oklahoma Mattress Company last month and couldn't be happier. The guy makes the beds himself and uses 60lbs of cotton in each one. Nobody uses cotton anymore. He makes his box spring with real springs, not platforms. And he even built our box spring up to make the bed higher. Prices are reasonable as well.
And you will have that mattress for life. what firmness level did you get? I have the medium he calls "firmer". When I send it to get cleaned and rebuilt I'll have him make it "extra firm" I think.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at their website, it lists a few options for innerspring and latex- did you get an innerspring with a latex topper?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to thank all of you guys for your positive comments, I thought I would get flamed but you guys are top notch! "I figured it's my fault for not researching enough, not happy with Amazon and they literally gave me a new mattress with a refund to the cc?" Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quality Bedding Company 350 S. Vermont. Bought our bed there 8 yrs ago. The construction is two twin XL size pieces of 6" latex for the base and a 3" memory foam top layer. That's all zipped into a very nice 'shell'. As memory foam loses it's 'memory over time it developed a sag 4 years later so I bought a new piece for the top layer from Foam By Mail. $220 later and it's all new again.
(Latex firmness is measured in ILD ratings. 40 ILD (ours) is pretty firm. Memory foam is rated in pounds with 3, 4 and 5 pounds the usual firmness ratings. 5 is the firmest)

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you will have that mattress for life. what firmness level did you get? I have the medium he calls "firmer". When I send it to get cleaned and rebuilt I'll have him make it "extra firm" I think.

I'm looking at their website, it lists a few options for innerspring and latex- did you get an innerspring with a latex topper?

We got the medium firm interspring mattress. He custom makes his latex toppers as well. My wife wanted firm and I wanted soft on the topper. So he made it half and half in one piece for a king size bed. He truly does custom work.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought the highest end Serta iComfort and it was amazing for about 3 years. Then the foam seemed to suddenly lose all of its resiliency. Went from firm and supportive to like sleeping in a hammock almost overnight. But since without any weight on it, it will spring back to its normal height, there is no sag, and hence no warranty coverage. Tempurpedic is the only foam mattress I would buy at this point. We have foam hybrids right now that are great but as soon as they go south, I’m getting a Tempurpedic Breeze. They are $3800 each for twin XL.

I hate it when memory foam forgets ...

Woody

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won’t even step foot in Mathis brothers. Last time I went in there I was mobbed by a salesman that wouldn’t shut up or leave us alone so I said we are leaving and have never been back. I go to marquis in Shawnee and have always been treated good. Have no reason to go anywhere else. And there I don’t get harassed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom