so i bought something through private sale..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img0_joyreactor_cc_pics_comment___.png

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not any different than when you give a copy of ID to any other entity.

Basically, he's wanting to have a note so that if something does happen and OSBI finds him as the purchaser on the 4473 he can say for sure who he actually sold it to, such as looking for the weapon used in the Weleetka murders. They have the serial number for it, and their leads ended at "sold at a gun show". http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative/Rewards/

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way in hell would I give someone my DL information in a private sale. You have a certain degree of safety when you show your ID to an FFL but some private citizen you are buying a gun from? No way.

In today's world any information is too much unless required by law. If someone demands to have a copy of your DL before selling you a gun, walk away. I had one guy want to ensure I was an OK resident so I showed him my DL showing my picture and that it was an Oklahoma license and that was it. Bad guys can find out quite a bit by cross referencing your personal information so don't make it any easier for them.

A private sale should be just that, private. If others are comfortable with strangers having their DL info then that's up to them but not me.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way in hell would I give someone my DL information in a private sale. You have a certain degree of safety when you show your ID to an FFL but some private citizen you are buying a gun from? No way.

In today's world any information is too much unless required by law. If someone demands to have a copy of your DL before selling you a gun, walk away. I had one guy want to ensure I was an OK resident so I showed him my DL showing my picture and that it was an Oklahoma license and that was it. Bad guys can find out quite a bit by cross referencing your personal information so don't make it any easier for them.

A private sale should be just that, private. If others are comfortable with strangers having their DL info then that's up to them but not me.

That's all I do if I don't know the person. Ask to see they OK ID to know they live in state, cash and go. I update my personal inventory records day of sell/trade/whatever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom