so i bought something through private sale..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When i sell or buy a gun i make a bill of sale I john doe sold 1 38 special serial #-----\
To jane doe on feb 29...I sign it and they sign it and i actually have 2 copies of the same thing.
Just a signature under a printed name...
No other personal information.
That should keep you out of most trouble.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When i sell or buy a gun i make a bill of sale I john doe sold 1 38 special serial #-----\
To jane doe on feb 29...I sign it and they sign it and i actually have 2 copies of the same thing.
There is no requirement for that and it's not needed to keep you out of trouble.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is no requirement for that and it's not needed to keep you out of trouble.

This...... ^^^^^^ I wouldn't do it. Lots of guns to buy, Id have to walk away.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buyer and seller set the terms. I prefer a peek at the buyer's DL and SDA, and consider that I have done my due diligence regarding age, residency and felony status.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way in hell would I give someone my DL information in a private sale. You have a certain degree of safety when you show your ID to an FFL but some private citizen you are buying a gun from? No way.

In today's world any information is too much unless required by law. If someone demands to have a copy of your DL before selling you a gun, walk away. I had one guy want to ensure I was an OK resident so I showed him my DL showing my picture and that it was an Oklahoma license and that was it. Bad guys can find out quite a bit by cross referencing your personal information so don't make it any easier for them.

A private sale should be just that, private. If others are comfortable with strangers having their DL info then that's up to them but not me.
This X's 10.

Notarized? If not you might as well wipe your azz with it. If you want paper trail just transfer it through a ffl.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on how the other party behaves, I may obscure that part of my ID. Or if he' just being an ass, he can walk. You want anonymity in a handgun purchase? Try a dark alley somewhere. I have no interest in putting deadly instrumentalities into the wrong hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom