So i got scope bit today......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should never be using your forward support hand to try to control recoil. Its called a "support" hand for a reason... its just a platform, and it should be open and relaxed. The only time you ever put pressure on the front handguard is when you're shooting very rapid fire, i.e. you don't have time to shift your NPOA onto the next target, and it is used to move the barrel onto target (never to try to control recoil). You always try to minimize muscle input as much as possible when shooting.

If you are using some artificial means of supporting the barrel of your rifle, like a sandbag or a bipod, you don't need your hand up there to support it and you can reach back behind your trigger hand and use it to help keep your stock in your shoulder pocket.

The reasons people get scope-bit is because they don't have the stock properly pocketed in their shoulder and because they aren't turkey-necking.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well 264magnum was right about the rear eye piece only for focusing the scope. Messed around with it today and got that all back in check. now on full 9x power i really have to get up close to the scope but on 3x its not bad at all. I'm really thinking hard on getting a different set of bases and glass to help but after some dry firing practice and paying more attention to my cheek weld and dropping my weight directly behind the rifle it should be better. I'm hoping that i can hit the range this week or early next week and try getting into a better position. l think i was losing focus on loading the bipod and securing the rifle in my shoulder is why i ended up so close and getting whacked by the scope.

Thanks for all the replies everyone definitely helped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom