So, I got the okay on the neutered gunbuster signs. Legal help needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys will definitely know where I work now as we will be the only ones with these signs. Here is what i got the green light to print.

No Firearms Allowed
Except in compliance with Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1 and TITLE 21 § 1290.2 Paragraph 1

What I want this to mean is that you must have a concealed carry permit and your firearm must remain concealed even if open carry with or without permit is adopted in OK.
Lawyers, is my test sufficient?

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like it would be better to put Except in compliance with OK law instead of the actual statutes.
I agree that would be simpler. However my employers's fear is that OK law will change to include open carry. I'd like to word it where only cc is allowed and only with a permit. It's that or just "No firearms allowed".

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that would be simpler. However my employers's fear is that OK law will change to include open carry. I'd like to word it where only cc is allowed and only with a permit. It's that or just "No firearms allowed".

Well, if they do amend the law to allow open carry, it is highly likely they will amend the very statutes mentioned in your sign as that's easiest. At least that's what the proposed bills this session were doing. And you do understand that even your sign has no force of law either way.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I commend you and your boss for actually thinking through this logically. I would recommend maybe this slight change: (or something similar)

No Firearms Allowed
Except lawful concealed carry according to
Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1 and TITLE 21 § 1290.2 Paragraph 1

You guys will definitely know where I work now as we will be the only ones with these signs. Here is what i got the green light to print.

No Firearms Allowed
Except in compliance with Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1 and TITLE 21 § 1290.2 Paragraph 1

What I want this to mean is that you must have a concealed carry permit and your firearm must remain concealed even if open carry with or without permit is adopted in OK.
Lawyers, is my test sufficient?

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I thought you would run into a brick wall on this. Great job guys. I would definitely do business at an establishment with that wording. Even more so than a no sign business because they could just be lazy or just never given it any thought, but this shows consideration and logic. Yep, would definitely do business with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom