So, I got the okay on the neutered gunbuster signs. Legal help needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how this still won't prevent an armed criminal from coming into the place of business. But other than that, I commend the effort to alter the thinking of the employer.

Of course. But it permits you to be armed as well and accomplishes my employers goal at the same time. Win/Win as far as I can see.

Thanks for everyone's support and suggestions.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course. But it permits you to be armed as well and accomplishes my employers goal at the same time. Win/Win as far as I can see.

Thanks for everyone's support and suggestions.

NO gunbuster sign is going to prevent a criminal from carrying into the establishment. 2 thumbs up for you & your boss for the much-improved verbage.

:bighug:

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off on a tangent>>>
I believe it's an infringement of my 2a right to make me buy a permit in order to carry a firearm. However on my own property I'd like to know that everyone with a gun is a good guy and knows how to use it. So in my perfect world anyone would be able to carry a gun open or concealed in public but on my land I would require a permit or equivalent. The permits would be free but still include the tests and checks.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, I saw this earlier this week and made a few signs at work. Just for fun. I really like what you came up with, I think this kind of thinking is what our fine state needs when it comes to guns. I am going to propose this idea to my boss in the near future as well. Thanks for the great idea!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well done.

An excellent follow-up would be to find a way to market these signs so they get used by other businesses in place of the current bad ones.

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit that I didn't think they would go for your proposal and I'm not ashamed to say good for you sticking with it.

I still don't really even like ANY type of no firearms sign but you have taken it to a different level.

I am curious though... if the company wants to post no firearms signs but they allowed this wording, what are they hoping to accomplish? Have you just simply outplayed them and they don't realize what they've agreed to or is there something else to it?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least this employer's policy is not based on some kind of belief that it will reduce the chance of gun violence in the establishment. He wants to prohibit open carry in the store so that customers will not be made uncomfortable. I think such a policy is understandable given the irrational fear of firearms that pervades the general public.

If it were my store and I was wanting to prohibit open carry, I would prefer to have a sign saying simply "all firearms must be concealed" or something to that effect. I would not want to reference or even acknowledge the government's tyrannical prohibition on the carry of firearms by anyone without their permission, and I would welcome anyone who chose to disobey that law and carry without a license. But that's just me.

Legally, the final product you came up with will accomplish your objective nicely.

Technically, it also prohibits policemen from openly carrying a firearm into the store, but I don't think the police will pay it any mind. If they even read the fine print at all they will probably assume it doesn't apply to them, as I'm sure was the intent behind the sign anyway. I don't think cops worry too much about the "gunbuster" signs that other businesses have.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am curious though... if the company wants to post no firearms signs but they allowed this wording, what are they hoping to accomplish? Have you just simply outplayed them and they don't realize what they've agreed to or is there something else to it?
In another thread I explained that the companies goal was to prevent open carry in our stores. That's it. I dont agree with it but I can understand it.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least this employer's policy is not based on some kind of belief that it will reduce the chance of gun violence in the establishment. He wants to prohibit open carry in the store so that customers will not be made uncomfortable. I think such a policy is understandable given the irrational fear of firearms that pervades the general public.

If it were my store and I was wanting to prohibit open carry, I would prefer to have a sign saying simply "all firearms must be concealed" or something to that effect. I would not want to reference or even acknowledge the government's tyrannical prohibition on the carry of firearms by anyone without their permission, and I would welcome anyone who chose to disobey that law and carry without a license. But that's just me.

Legally, the final product you came up with will accomplish your objective nicely.

Technically, it also prohibits policemen from openly carrying a firearm into the store, but I don't think the police will pay it any mind. If they even read the fine print at all they will probably assume it doesn't apply to them, as I'm sure was the intent behind the sign anyway. I don't think cops worry too much about the "gunbuster" signs that other businesses have.

I think he's right; the sign may actually dissuade LEOs from entering your shop as there is no exception for police. And as it's a private establishment, you CAN decide that you do not allow LEOs into your shop unless they have a warrant (or probable cause), and this sign effectively does that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom