So, I got the okay on the neutered gunbuster signs. Legal help needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would recommend maybe this slight change: (or something similar)

No Firearms Allowed
Except lawful concealed carry according to
Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1 and TITLE 21 § 1290.2 Paragraph 1

I like that a lot. I'm going to run that by them.

The best part of this is that because THEY brought it up, I'll also be able to carry in my office... legally.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I commend you and your boss for actually thinking through this logically. I would recommend maybe this slight change: (or something similar)

No Firearms Allowed
Except lawful concealed carry according to
Oklahoma TITLE 21 § 1290.1 and TITLE 21 § 1290.2 Paragraph 1

Many of the shops along the Riverwalk had similar wording... except of course citing Texas Penal Code... with the No Firearms part real big.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like that a lot. I'm going to run that by them.

The best part of this is that because THEY brought it up, I'll also be able to carry in my office... legally.

Change the "carry according to..." to "carry in accordance with..."

re: carry in your office

Maybe. Depends on the company policy towards employee carry. Where I work there are no gun-buster signs but employee carry is strictly verboten. Real bad ju-ju. Can't do it. But customers can.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Change the "carry according to..." to "carry in accordance with..."

re: carry in your office

Maybe. Depends on the company policy towards employee carry. Where I work there are no gun-buster signs but employee carry is strictly verboten. Real bad ju-ju. Can't do it. But customers can.

Thanks I do like that better. I work in an office where I do not come into contact with customers, it's very relaxed so I never tuck my shirt in.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Funny how this still won't prevent an armed criminal from coming into the place of business. But other than that, I commend the effort to alter the thinking of the employer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom