So I picked up my wifes new RIA 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it looks like they dipped it in 90 weight oil and bagged it up. Lots of oil in there. Should I just wipe it off good, run a patch or 2 down the tube, wood out the mag well and shoot it or should I break it all the way down and clean and relube it?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have no doubt its lubed. I can poor oil out of that bag....Lol. its just thick oil so yeah, I'll strip it down. She was so excited to go get it and then we couldn't look at it in the store because it was such an oily mess. I'll be showing her how to strip and clean one tonight I guess.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have no doubt its lubed. I can poor oil out of that bag....Lol. its just thick oil so yeah, I'll strip it down. She was so excited to go get it and then we couldn't look at it in the store because it was such an oily mess. I'll be showing her how to strip and clean one tonight I guess.

Hope she enjoys and likes it Clay!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is packing preservative oil not lubricating oil. Clean it and lube it properly.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is packing preservative oil not lubricating oil. Clean it and lube it properly.
Yes I did. PITFA getting it apart first time but now its easy...lol. The 3.5" is much different to get the slide spring and barrel out. Need a paperclip...WTF?
Okay now for a dumb question, whats with this screw in the trigger? From front to back on th trigger, its not visible in any pics of this gun? My Ruger has a hole in the same spot but no screw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom