So I picked up my wifes new RIA 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have RIA Officers 1911. I had to polish the feed ramp and replace the magazines. I carry it about half of the time, it is the only pistol my wife carries. If your wife has never shot a 1911, make sure she does not limp wrist the RIA, it will not cycle fully.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know yet. Tomorrow is rang day. Should I take an Allen wrench with me? Why does my Ruger not have that screw but has a hole for one?

You don't have an allen wrench in your range bag?

Because its....see above...8/

Some of the first 3.5" models were ...well.. kinda cheap. The newer ones are a little more...refined...8)
Should be fine , they shoot like any other 45......ummmm...pics... ;)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have an allen wrench in your range bag?

Because its....see above...8/

Some of the first 3.5" models were ...well.. kinda cheap. The newer ones are a little more...refined...8)
Should be fine , they shoot like any other 45......ummmm...pics... ;)
So adjusted the screw to play with it and really didnt see much difference with it in ot out except all the way in and the hammer wouldnt fall at all. Adjusted out just enough so the hammer fell and left it. No one at the range knew anything about this adjustment screw but one guy. Mike at BBs seems pretty knowledgeable with these 1911s Still seems odd that my other 2 1911s have no screw in the trigger but there is a whole where one could go.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So adjusted the screw to play with it and really didnt see much difference with it in ot out except all the way in and the hammer wouldnt fall at all. Adjusted out just enough so the hammer fell and left it. No one at the range knew anything about this adjustment screw but one guy. Mike at BBs seems pretty knowledgeable with these 1911s Still seems odd that my other 2 1911s have no screw in the trigger but there is a whole where one could go.

unless you know enough to ensure that the sear is not getting pounded to **** by the hammer, you should not be adjusting that from the factory setting.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
unless you know enough to ensure that the sear is not getting pounded to **** by the hammer, you should not be adjusting that from the factory setting.
No I dont know **** about it. That's why I asked.
I will say the factory setting was a very lose screw and it would have fallen out. So there is that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom