So much for Green the Vote. Recreational MJ will not be on the ballot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What shooter would give up their right to own a firearm to smoke weed?

A better question is.... why should they have to? I can buy all the alcohol I want and still own guns..... I can get prescribed all sorts of drugs from my doctor and own guns. Seems the sanctimonious nature of some around here goes COMPLETELY silent if I bring that up lol. In which you will lose any argument you put forth that alcohol, opiates, anti-depressants etc are less mood altering than MJ.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A better question is.... why should they have to? I can buy all the alcohol I want and still own guns..... I can get prescribed all sorts of drugs from my doctor and own guns. Seems the sanctimonious nature of some around here goes COMPLETELY silent if I bring that up lol. In which you will lose any argument you put forth that alcohol, opiates, anti-depressants etc are less mood altering than MJ.
well because prohabition was repealed however the 68 GCA is still law of the land
atfdrug.jpeg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but the recreational vote has never about getting high for me. It is about personal freedom. I would NEVER give up one right to get another. That gets you nowhere fast.

This is OSA, it doesn't happen until it happens to me. Now get off my lawn and change my diaper!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that maybe the mess created by the 788 issue caused some to back off until all that gets corrected. If the recreational question is written as poorly as the medical question, it could be years before there would be a workable solution.

Maybe there needs to be a change is how questions get on the ballot.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that maybe the mess created by the 788 issue caused some to back off until all that gets corrected. If the recreational question is written as poorly as the medical question, it could be years before there would be a workable solution.

Maybe there needs to be a change is how questions get on the ballot.
I think there was a loss of enthusiasm for the recreational question; GTV pushed for too much, too fast.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, so my question was rhetorical. What's wrong with trying to "change the law of the land?" It's also the law that I can't own Automatic firearms without extreme regulations.
Well The NFA and current SOT regs are onerous however i do not see the political will to make any changes. We can't even get national carry reciprocity. I would be willing to make the use of cannabis a lifetime in jail if they took away the NFA though. However I don't smoke, drink or do any illicit drugs

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There are several individuals on this board that would "want MJ".... are you calling them liars? Just curious. I can't speak for their actions gaining signatures as they sound pretty stupid to me, however that's a pretty broad stroke you're painting.
Ummm...
1af26dbb3988ce6b9f43518adbac4033.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom