So you've outrun the Highway Patrol…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lovin' the Steve McQeen thing!
His protrayal of a Soldier in the Dirty dozen was a takeoff of an actual squad in WWII
Jake Mcnees in Ponca was a real dude in the war, and the movie was based on the guys he served with. He has written several books about it, and was an advisor on this movie.
They were actually called the "filthy 13". Hollywood changed it to the dirty dozen. He was a bad dude. Late 80's now, but still with us.

Steve McQueen was not in the Dirty Dozen. He was in The Great Escape. Jake is around 94 i think now. He is an awesome guy and I have got to sit down and talk with him a handful of times. I did a interview with him for a report on him during my senior year. It was awesome. He had lots of stories and was a funny guy. Him and my Grandpa are like 2 peas in a pod. Gonna miss them both when they go. My autographed copy of his filthy thirteen book is going in the ground with me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? Just a little over reaction there, dont you think..

I actually think if they authorized deadly force for attempting to evade police, we'd end up with a whole lot less incidents of it after a few people get it.

The way I see, when you attempt to evade on a public street with a multi-thousand-pound vehicle at high rates of speed, you're utilizing deadly force without due regard for the safety of your fellow citizens.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But yet we are entertained by Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run...

www.movieactors.com_photos_stars_jack_elam_cannonball.jpg

Want me to examine that?

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually doubt the cop had near enough time to see his plate. Especially since he was at a standstill when the guy drove by.
Depending on how fast the guy was going WHEN he got busted, the cop may have just figured he lost him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom