Solar Security lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had personal experience with this. I had stuff taken from my garage with video of the person who did it. TPD took a report, and I told them I had video. They asked about the value of the stuff taken but never heard from them again. I guess it wasn't worth their time.
This is an example of the “Broken Window “ theory.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like some of you men of the hood should get outside at varying hours and do some walk abouts!

Some of us do, but when this stuff is happening at 2 or 3am, my 9 oclock walk does no good.

Cameras are reactive, not too good at that either if the perp is wearing a hoodie or a mask & hat or if the camera just plain sucks or has a bad angle.

Lights are good, but mine stay on dusk to dawn. Also gives the cameras nighttime color recording.

Alarms on the vehicles and home (monitored). Valuables and misc. firearms locked in the safe. Insurance as well.

If there were a home invasion, I would have to call Charle (John Wick reference).

Good Lord, make the HOA put in a gate with a duty cycle meant for the task!

Understood, and this is all secondary to the fact that my home is hardened, and I do have all of those things done as well. House has dusk till dawn lights and I have cameras that can record in color because of that. I am wanting to put motion lights at the perimeter for multiple reasons. If they came on, anyone is backlight, think standard B27 target. If they go off, I can look out my window and not need to grab a fliashlight and go outside. I know something is out there, and whatever it is, is lit. Yes, I know animals can set it off, but if I am asleep, its not gonna bother me.

Stray cat theory, if my neighbor keeps feeding stray cats, I'm gonna have a stray cat problem. New HOA is trying to do more, but left with little money to do so.

Gated communities typically only has 2-3 entrances. And your intruder has to drive into the community.

How about installing security cameras (and lights) at each of the entrances to capture all vehicle license plates entering/exiting the HOA.
Ensure the traffic footage is stored online for 60(?) days before deleting. This could help all the HOA members, and be considered part of HOA services.

Police won't do anything with personal home security footage. But they might do something with a license plate that repeatedly enters/exits only on the day of crime.

There are cameras and lights at each one. Last HOA president upgraded them to do just that, but the quality still isnt good enough. So we have video of them coming and going but no plates etc being usable. As far as PD goes, OCPD is very proactive using home security footage. I actually work in public safety and work with/on Axon sister projects with PD, mostly on the hardware install/repair side. They have a way to register your cameras similar to a storm shelter, so they can contact you if something happens to request footage. It basically saves them from having to knock on doors. It gives them no access, it just tells them which doors to knock on if needed.

https://connectoklahomacity.org/privacy-faqs/

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of us do, but when this stuff is happening at 2 or 3am, my 9 oclock walk does no good.

Understood, and this is all secondary to the fact that my home is hardened, and I do have all of those things done as well. House has dusk till dawn lights and I have cameras that can record in color because of that. I am wanting to put motion lights at the perimeter for multiple reasons. If they came on, anyone is backlight, think standard B27 target. If they go off, I can look out my window and not need to grab a fliashlight and go outside. I know something is out there, and whatever it is, is lit. Yes, I know animals can set it off, but if I am asleep, its not gonna bother me.

Stray cat theory, if my neighbor keeps feeding stray cats, I'm gonna have a stray cat problem. New HOA is trying to do more, but left with little money to do so.

There are cameras and lights at each one. Last HOA president upgraded them to do just that, but the quality still isnt good enough. So we have video of them coming and going but no plates etc being usable. As far as PD goes, OCPD is very proactive using home security footage. I actually work in public safety and work with/on Axon sister projects with PD, mostly on the hardware install/repair side. They have a way to register your cameras similar to a storm shelter, so they can contact you if something happens to request footage. It basically saves them from having to knock on doors. It gives them no access, it just tells them which doors to knock on if needed.

https://connectoklahomacity.org/privacy-faqs/
I did not know any of this. Thank you for the education.

Latest posts

Top Bottom