Sold my baby today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first was '68 Dodge Coronet 440, wrecked and replaced with a '73 Road Runner. Sold that one and still kicking myself 25 years later. My new heart throb that will never happen:...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! My 1st car was a '66 Impala 2dr. When Car Craft or Hot Rod (can't remember which) did their project heavy metal car I about cried. I also about cried when I found a '66 SS with a 396 in it and didn't have the money to buy it. Same color as mine even! Maroon. I was all of 17 and working part time at TG&Y.

OMG! :ooh2:TG&Y?!?!?! THAT'S a blast from the past!! :respect::rotflmao:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first car- An Opel GT

55 Ford Crown Victoria, auto transmission.
Great thing about it was if the bands started slipping in the transmission, you rolled back the floor mat, pulled the plug in the floor board, then pulled the plug in the top of the transmission, used a 1/4" allen wrench to tighten them up while driving down the road.
Mechanic's were simple back then.

Edit: 272 CI, Y block engine with a Stromburg side draft Carb, single exhaust with the cross over around the front of the block like the 292, and the 312CI Y blocks.
I had a mentor, who's nephew is a member of this forum coach me on building this car on the cheap. He was a world record holder at one time on the drag strip.
Sig Earson 990B roller cam, Holly 750 carb, Crane heads, three speed manual with OD(closer gear ratio for short track), dual point distributor, etc, and it was the beast of street racers. The stock SS 396CI chevy's didn't have a chance stop light to stop light in a block. After that distance, the small block didn't have a chance.
This was back in the day when people were "dragging main street".
That car has a cable through it now on the edge of the salt fork river South of Ponca City to keep the bank from eroding along with a couple hundred others.

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first car was a 53 chevy from my grandpa. 1st car I bought was a 67 chevelle SS 396, then i got a 68 Z-28 early production model had 302 on the fenders no Z markings at all. came from the factory with 456 rear end

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, regret set in. I bought it sight unseen over the phone from a guy in Enid in 2004. It was bone stock when I got it, but not when it left. Grandma (my wife) isn't a car gurl, so she didn't care. It was her daily driver until I started tweaking on it. I'm going to replace it with a little CTS (with the "bump" on the hood....>:) Guy drove up today with a stack 'o hunna-dollah-billz. BTW I was a truck guy too- I had a '88 Chevy that I put a Ram-Jet 350 in. I won the burn-out contest at Ark City in it in 2009. (I'm the guy on the right LOL.....)View attachment 100518

I've seen that truck!

IMG_0358_Small.jpg

In action!

IMG_0363_Small.jpg

That was a bad year for you... 2007

Latest posts

Top Bottom