Sold My Buick Grand National...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought a turbocharger was so cool but you have a whole bunch of high speed, high heat parts and I think that's why Honda and Toyota don't use them. It doesn't help an engine stay relatively trouble free for 300 thousand miles.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pic in my avatar. I had a 72 some one hit me on Hefner parkway and totaled, I bought one of the first ones I found online which is this one. It was riddled with rust, poor body work, a 350 with barely 10psi of oil pressure, a th350 that rattled and a gnarled up wiring harness. I have fixed most of it but need to either rering or reseat the rings in the new motor. Literally every step of the way it fights me or I am circling back and fixing what 18 year old me cut corners to fix.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why there are usually two types of classic/modified car owners. Those who actually love working on the car, and for them its just as fun and a part of owning the car as driving is. And those who can afford to buy completely restored cars or pay to have them worked on so they can just enjoy driving them.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
my friend who is a mechanic (and owns some really impressive foxbody mustangs) told me to buy something new instead of that GN for those very reasons. But I just had to have one.

My dad gave me a '65 chevy truck (a rusty heirloom of sorts) that I will probably start tinkering with for fun. He put a 283 sbc and 4 speed Saginaw tranny in it back in the day and it scoots surprisingly well. I'm thinking it needs a turbo 6.0 LS on E85 :w000t:
lol I thought you said you learned a lesson.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why there are usually two types of classic/modified car owners. Those who actually love working on the car, and for them its just as fun and a part of owning the car as driving is. And those who can afford to buy completely restored cars or pay to have them worked on so they can just enjoy driving them.

Oh I'd happily enjoy wrenching on them and making something awesome myself. The heartburn comes with the receipts. :(

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can relate some... I actually have an '87 Regal T-Type sitting around that I need to get running. Not so much of a money pit as it is a lot of money sitting around rusting away. With other interests and whatnot, it has been hard to find the motivation to put the work in that it needs. If it was anything but an electric issue keeping it from running, I would have done it a long time ago. I hate electric issues!

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can relate some... I actually have an '87 Regal T-Type sitting around that I need to get running. Not so much of a money pit as it is a lot of money sitting around rusting away. With other interests and whatnot, it has been hard to find the motivation to put the work in that it needs. If it was anything but an electric issue keeping it from running, I would have done it a long time ago. I hate electric issues!

I would rather have a t-type/turbo t than a GN thats cool you have one.

Lets just say...im familiar with electrical problems on these cars.

i1135.photobucket.com_albums_m627_zghorner_20150326_175252.jpg

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol I thought you said you learned a lesson.

Haha damn it you got me. At least the 65 is one of those that will never be sold. I think I will enjoy working on it more than the buick, probably get some father son time outta the deal.

Im justifying my addiction is all...crap. I also wanna pm henchman and ask if he wants to sell his t-type. Im sick I tell you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom