Someone help me out with this Mizzu thing....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colleges need to be made more like the media in this country -- students should be able to pick and choose assignments that conform and agree with their existing worldviews, rather than actually having to justify their beliefs in the face of challenging opposing views.

Arguments are so much easier in an echo chamber.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well those demands seem reasonable.........

Funny that a bastion of progressive thought like Mizzou is being portrayed as a segregated school from the 60s. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mizzou a pretty renowned journalism school.

They also have a big law school. They are so liberal that the students asked to delay final exams because they were too busy at protests about Ferguson to study for their finals.

I'll fight for your 1st amendment rights to the death, and students don't give theirs up when going to college, but I'd think their priorities would be to graduate, so they can pursue their agenda's professionally.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/10/law-schools-exams-ferguson_n_6301282.html

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually it's because most of the members got tired of watching the same tired, old men griping about being afraid of and disgruntled with anything new and different to them politically, socially, theologically, philosophically, economically, etc. Basically the visceral negativity that just flowed out into forum posts gets absolutely insufferable.

But carry on :) I'll be back every few months.
sup broseph

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually it's because most of the members got tired of watching the same tired, old men griping about being afraid of and disgruntled with anything new and different to them politically, socially, theologically, philosophically, economically, etc. Basically the visceral negativity that just flowed out into forum posts gets absolutely insufferable.

pretty much nailed it

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That was a refreshing post. Long time no see man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

the guy behind the twitter hashtag has said some pretty dumb things lately. especially around the incident with the student journalist. I have to imagine Pinkel had to support his players in this or he'd have found himself on the wrong end of recruiting problems.

that and i think it was easier for all involved with the football boycott to participate since the season was already in the toilet. i'm curious if they'd have done this if they were on a national championship run.

(oh, and haven't interviewed pinkel, i honestly believe he has someone tweet for him. Not making excuses for this instance, but just that i do think he is disconnected from much of that stuff)

Latest posts

Top Bottom