Someone help me out with this Mizzu thing....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the guy behind the twitter hashtag has said some pretty dumb things lately. especially around the incident with the student journalist. I have to imagine Pinkel had to support his players in this or he'd have found himself on the wrong end of recruiting problems.

that and i think it was easier for all involved with the football boycott to participate since the season was already in the toilet. i'm curious if they'd have done this if they were on a national championship run.

(oh, and haven't interviewed pinkel, i honestly believe he has someone tweet for him. Not making excuses for this instance, but just that i do think he is disconnected from much of that stuff)

He says that he has a "paid tweeter". I have to question the wisdom in that but he gets no pass from me, he's still responsible for what goes out attached to his name. But I think he's figured out what he got himself into by standing by his striking players. There is some serious "heat" in the media over them forcing the .prez and the chancellor out and how quickly it came about after he jumped on board. That wench of a professor resigned and I think he is now "smelling the coffee" so to speak. I wonder how long before he's gone. Probably finish out the season.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He says that he has a "paid tweeter". I have to question the wisdom in that but he gets no pass from me, he's still responsible for what goes out attached to his name. But I think he's figured out what he got himself into by standing by his striking players. There is some serious "heat" in the media over them forcing the .prez and the chancellor out and how quickly it came about after he jumped on board. That wench of a professor resigned and I think he is now "smelling the coffee" so to speak. I wonder how long before he's gone. Probably finish out the season.

A few things.

1) the players did line up against the president of the system, but he had been under fire for a number of things. It also didn't help that the day he resigned a group of 9 (i think it was 9) deans also lined up against him. I do agree he is responsible for what is attached to his name, but i'll say there are still a lot of alumni who are supporting the cause (though maybe not the protestors themselves) right now.

2) as of this morning, the professor hadn't resigned. She resigned her 'courtesy appointment in the journalism school'. She is still a professor in communications, but can no longer list the journalism school in her title. It was an appointment that allowed her to work on graduate committees, but she never taught in the j-school program (aside from possibly cross-listed courses). The journalism faculty was in the process of holding a vote to strip her of the courtesy title yesterday. The school of communications is in the college of liberal arts and the journalism school is its own college. (again, this could have all changed since i looked this morning).

3) I don't think Pinkel will take heat for this so long as he does better next season. This season has been a disappointment and involved suspending/releasing the golden boy quarterback. It might depend on what happens with the athletic donations, but he has done well in the SEC the past few years and has been at mizzou since 2001 and survived things like a DUI. But again, it probably depends on how the season finishes and such.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The story continues to unravel.
The student body president (former intern to Rob Emanuel, mayor of Chicago) admitted he made up the story of the KKK being on campus and working with campus police.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now I'm hearing the swastica made from human feces never happened.
Hmmm....

The story continues to unravel.
The student body president (former intern to Rob Emanuel, mayor of Chicago) admitted he made up the story of the KKK being on campus and working with campus police.

And what is the source of your information may I ask?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And what is the source of your information may I ask?

Don't know about the swastika but as for the student body president, he never "admitted he made up the story of the KKK being on campus". He (Payton Head) said, "I'm sorry about the misinformation that I have shared through social media," he posted on Facebook. "I received and shared information from multiple incorrect sources, which I deeply regret. The last thing needed is to incite more fear in the hearts of our community."

This is not the first time Dennis has read something into a story that never happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom