Someone help me out with this Mizzu thing....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The higher education system in this country has been a joke for years. Want to be an accountant? Well, better learn about the brush work of Matisse.

An accountant doesn't really need a university-level education - let me clarify that he does under the current system but there is no underlying reason why that should be the case. I think that means we are probably in agreement. Many university degree requirements are driven much more by internal (to that group) desires to show that they are a "professional" group than by any bona-fide educational requirement. That was certainly true of my own "professional group" - military officers - though there are other side benefits including a built-in vetting program to some degree.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what happened BEFORE all of this drama? From day one, I still miss where the President of the University failed to do his job in responding to minor incidents. Or maybe one shred of evidence of an oppressive environment?

I don't have the articles right now to point to specifics, but i do know there have been several incidents since he was hired in 2011 that have gone on. That said, i read a local article earlier that discussed the issues the faculty (and deans, who are administrators) had with the chancellor and how their concerns were shared with the president and the curators several times.

Issues (which were mentioned earlier) included the university press, graduate health care and the shifting of resources within the university. The president also had issues with faculty and incidents at some of the other system campuses from some reports.

personally, i've been away from there for too long to really know a lot of the specifics anymore, but one of the big knocks against Wolfe was his corporate background and efforts to run things like a business.

I've also read some personal accounts from faculty (one former and one current journalism black professors mainly) that discussed the growing number of incidents that they've encountered in the past few years. Name calling, being spit on, etc. I'm sure there are those on the board who will say 'pictures or it didn't happen,' but at least one of the people i've known off and on since 2003 and i'm inclined to believe her.

The school gets a lot of kids from KC and Saint Louis, as well as rural Missouri. I agree that i don't exactly follow what Wolfe was supposed to do, but it does appear that there have been many issues in the past that converged in this moment. Oh, and for whomever asked, the board of curators have been several times (both before and after the resignations), so all levels of administration were involved in some of this.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I actually meant to type appointment twice instead of position, the results of being at work all night. Anyway like I said libs eating libs. Yes the photographer is a liberal dope that thought he was trying to cover some huge civil rights movement and yes after being caught attempting to get this kids ass kicked she resigned her appointment. I'm sure that had this not happened she would still be at her post making suggestions to the propaganda minister at the Maneater.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I actually meant to type appointment twice instead of position, the results of being at work all night.

So, instead of typing, "She didn't "resign" her appointment with the school of journalism, she resigned her position with the school of journalism", which is what you wrote, you meant to write, "She didn't "resign" her appointment with the school of journalism, she resigned her appointment with the school of journalism? Which is not a paid position. Resigning it means nothing. She doesn't even work for the school of journalism.

Anyway like I said libs eating libs.

Yes, as you said. When you were mistaken.

Yes the photographer is a liberal dope that thought he was trying to cover some huge civil rights movement

You know this young man personally? You know, for a fact, he's a liberal? Or are you just making an assumption based on your very strong and clear bias?

and yes after being caught attempting to get this kids ass kicked she resigned her appointment.

Her unpaid, courtesy appointment. Not from the university.

I'm sure that had this not happened she would still be at her post making suggestions to the propaganda minister at the Maneater.

You really should have a least a passing idea of what you're talking about before posting it for all to see. Otherwise it might appear that you have no idea what you're talking about and are simply spewing biased tripe.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually meant to type appointment twice instead of position, the results of being at work all night. Anyway like I said libs eating libs. Yes the photographer is a liberal dope that thought he was trying to cover some huge civil rights movement and yes after being caught attempting to get this kids ass kicked she resigned her appointment. I'm sure that had this not happened she would still be at her post making suggestions to the propaganda minister at the Maneater.

Are you really trying to attribute a political position to the student who was working for ESPN (and asserting his constitutional right) when he was confronted?

What does his personal political position matter to this discussion?

FYI, I believe the student who filmed the encounter with the professor has filed an assault complaint with MUPD against her.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The higher education system in this country has been a joke for years. Want to be an accountant? Well, better learn about the brush work of Matisse.

LOL! The way you spout BS like this is entertaining. Ever consider going into stand-up as a profession?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, instead of typing, "She didn't "resign" her appointment with the school of journalism, she resigned her position with the school of journalism", which is what you wrote, you meant to write, "She didn't "resign" her appointment with the school of journalism, she resigned her appointment with the school of journalism? Which is not a paid position. Resigning it means nothing. She doesn't even work for the school of journalism.

You know this young man personally? You know, for a fact, he's a liberal? Or are you just making an assumption based on your very strong and clear bias?

You really should have a least a passing idea of what you're talking about before posting it for all to see. Otherwise it might appear that you have no idea what you're talking about and are simply spewing biased tripe.

She didn't "resign" her appointment with the school of journalism, she resigned her appointment with the school of journalism.

Is what I meant to type, emphasis on the little quotations you put in attempt to belittle the significance of said resignation.

To answer your question to whether I personally know the reporter, I don't.
When his focus is "the systematic racism in higher education", his own words by the way, I'll make an educated assumption.

I stand by everything I've said, it's all fact. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it "tripe".

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

As long as we are on the topic of biased tripe, the only rebuttal you have to my post #148 is whether or not Ms. Click's resignation was real in your mind. Nothing about all the black on white racism or fake oppression. Which makes you very biased among other things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom