Soup eating fool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Had #14, upper left next to back pulled about a month back, didn't even need the pain meds. Did my wisdom 2 at a time long time ago, no meds then either. Why all 4 at once? You wont even have a side to chew on.

Like I said, I wanted to be done all at once.

Liquor keeps the wound clean and keeps you feelin fine.

Thought it might be something like that.

DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spit or let the blood drain from your mouth, swallow it. I didn't listen and got dry socket, one of the worse things that has ever happened to me.

Yeah, read that in the comments. I do NOT want dry socket!!

My daughter had all 4 of hers pulled a couple of weeks ago, she never complained.

Way to go making me feel like a sissy! Thanks bro!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use that big syringe to flush out those pockets. I thought I had been, but in reality I was being too gentle. Had to go back in and you wouldn't believe the crap that came out of there. If you do have to have the packs get the bacitracin packs. Those brown ones with the anesthetic made me want to puke immediately. You'll heal faster with the antibiotic anyway. I had the dry socket from hell in one of mine. He had to go back in over a month later and scrape the bone again. I had small pieces coming out on their own! The pain wasn't real bad through any of it though...

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one pulled by my dentist, actually broken up and removed, that one didnt bother me at all. Had the other 3 surgically removed a month later and the 2 tops were deeply impacted. He cut into my sinus cavity on both sides and that sucked. It wasnt really the pain but what you eat and drink can migrate into the sinuses. Then I got one dry socket, dont really know how but it didn't seem too bad. The dry socket was more painful than the surgery but neither seemed to bother me that bad. I didnt take the prescrition pain meds, only took ibuprofen. They gave me some clove type stuff for the dry socket, it burns at first, but it helps a lot. I was back at work the next day for both events and never looked back.

Its amazing how much food can get clogged in the holes, I think I washed half a cheeseburger out of one of the holes. It seemed like it took a good 6 months for the holes to heal or fill in enough to not notice them.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I had mine removed. I was 16. I'm pretty sure they say when your that young you recover more quickly. I remember I only took the pain pills the first day or two. They put me under when they took them out though, I just remember getting home and eating some soup my mom had made and she was just staring me. Apparently I had soup just running down my face and had no idea. I couldn't feel a thing.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warm salt water rinses, do not smoke, do not drink through a straw, do not spit, do not drink carbonated beverages, chew crunchy foods carefully, do follow all post op instructions. Dry sockets suck, I've seen too many patients with them to want one.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So apparently I am a little strange and had 7 wisdom teeth. The pain really isn't that bad. However, I will say go out and buy a waterpick. Luckily, I had one from when I had braces but it made it a lot easier to clean out the "sockets". A lot easier than the syringe and a lot more effective IMO.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had all 4 of mine taken at the same time years ago. They gave me some Tylenol III with codine and I made the unfortunate mistake of washing it down with some Jack Daniels. I went outside on the balcony a while later to get a breath of fresh air and woke up when my roomie at the barracks thought 30 minutes was too long. I basically passed out sitting against the bricks.

The pain shouldn't be too much really. From what I remember, I just took the Tylenol as preventative and then after my episode, I stopped and didn't even have any pain anyway.

If it gets too bad, take Pamprin. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom