Speedy EMSA driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many other's have said, this sucks all around. One family will face Christmas without a loved one. One man will face the rest of his life being completely changed. In a case like this, the year in prison is the easiest part of his punishment. Living with what happened will haunt the rest of his life. All people involved need prayer.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until you have driven an emergency vehicle, it is easy to judge someones driving. You have to expect the worst at all times, people slamming on brakes in front of you, changing lanes in front of you etc. It was said it was a non-priority call, I have responded to lift assist that turned out to be full arrest when we arrived, you never know. I won't judge drivers actions as I was not there but as stated due regard plays a big part in this. It does not matter if you drive an ambulance, fire engine or police car you have to get to scene to be of any help, You do not want to become part of the problem. I feel for both party's in this situation, will affect them for a long time.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until you have driven an emergency vehicle, it is easy to judge someones driving. You have to expect the worst at all times, people slamming on brakes in front of you, changing lanes in front of you etc. It was said it was a non-priority call, I have responded to lift assist that turned out to be full arrest when we arrived, you never know. I won't judge drivers actions as I was not there but as stated due regard plays a big part in this. It does not matter if you drive an ambulance, fire engine or police car you have to get to scene to be of any help, You do not want to become part of the problem. I feel for both party's in this situation, will affect them for a long time.
happens to me everyday in tulsa!

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"
"EMSA officials said Tuesday that drivers are only allowed to go 10 mph over the posted speed limit during an emergency call and only if it would not endanger life or property."

He was wrong ........ 'nuff said

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was going way too fast for due regard for the public safety of other motorists...Its a shame, and he should answer for his negligent actions.

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it has nothing to do with the topic on hand but i was driving in "downtown" moore going northbound. I was coming up on this intersection when my light was clearly green. i was going around 35 and the front of my truck was about 10 feet away from the crosswalk when this police cruiser flew through the intersection going westbound with no lights on. he slammed on his brakes and turned around and pulled me over..just to see if i was ok and he apologized and he said he was trying to read his computer and thought his light was green. although this doesnt have anything to do with this thread. everyone makes mistakes sometimes they are worse than others. I dont know if he knew if it was a life threating call or not but that speed is unwaranted on city streets. then again if emsa has lights and sirens on get out of the way period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom