Spider - pet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My tarantula cage has been occupied by a bark scorpion for month - but today he had to move to a smaller cage. Here is the new occupant! (yes, it's a quarter!!!)
ai53.tinypic.com_hvncl4.jpg

I've never seen wolf spider that big before. At first I thought it was a tarantula because of the size, but closer inspection showed otherwise :) It was hiding under a rag in the shop - not a good or safe place.
ai56.tinypic.com_15i0ums.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nice pets!

kept a Huge black widow spider once inside a large jar alive for about a year.
found her on a large clump of grapes at the supermarket.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my kid are catching them left and right and feeding them to my Emperor scorpion. Some of them are really big too, almost as big as a small tarantula, but theyre no match for the scorpion- she just mangles them. Seems like we have alot more of them running around our place this summer than we ever have (we're not catching the ones I come across out in my garage/shop because they eat the brown recluses and other smaller spiders out there, we're only catching the ones we find padding thru the house or out on the patio along with some large black spiders). She seems to like them better than the crickets and other larger insects that I raise in another tank to feed all of my critters. I only have 2 large tarantulas now down from the 5 I did have, besides several reptiles.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll never forget being excited about my grandparents pool when they draied it to repaint it years ago. I ran down the steps into the pool. About that time I realized I wasn't alone. hundreds of wolf spiders. If not thousands. Several large ones found a good place on the vertical section of the stairs. Did not see them running down the stairs. I think I only touched one stair on my way out of the pool.

The field behind their house was usually good to get random critters in their pool.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a big spider fan but I came across this girl a few years ago in Texas right after Hurricane Ike. Watched her for quite a while and snapped a few pics...
ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd191_sixshiners_IMG_1797.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom