Spider - pet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they really eat the fiddle backs?

From what little info about them that I have gathered, yes, as do paper wasps. There was some webbing around a small flourescent lamp I have out in my studio/shop/garage with a bunch of little white egg sacks in it. When they finally hatched there were hundreds of little mini brown spiderlings and they were catching small moths and other bugs in their web and eating them- until I noticed a couple of huge wasps flying around the webbing, now theyre all gone.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No wolf spiders this year for us, but the plain ol grass spiders are getting pretty damn big. I've killed more than a couple that are probably that same size. They were kinda bad, and then the land owners of all the empty lots around us decided to mow their 6 foot weeds, and the bugs came runnin...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be the season, I found a Black Widow outside of a garage door the other day. Big girl too... silver dollar size including the legs. At first I didn't know if it was a widow or not because the markings on her back were just a series of red diamond shapes but then I forgot that the infamous hourglass shape is on the underside and sho nuff... there it was big as day.

I considered keeping her around in a glass jar and feeding her assorted bugs but in the end I threw her in with the trash I was taking out. She'll be able to torment the stomping grounds at wherever the trashmen magically take away the garbage to.

I shoulda got a pic...

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had more spiders this year than we've ever had. Tons of wolf spiders, only 1 or 2 fiddlebacks so far. I'll catch the fiddlebacks and let them go over the fence. The wolf spiders I leave alone unless the dog spots it, then I'll catch it and let it go on the back or front porch. I found one in the bathroom sink about an hour ago and tried to feed it a baby cricket. I guess it wasn't hungry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom