Spoonbill/paddlefish run????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was in Miami working, we saw some guys who had just gotten done fishing for spoonbills and they had 4-5 in the bed of the truck. All were 5-6' long. Ugly fish but a blast when you hook one!

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

here's a couple i caught back in 07, the date is right on the second pic, the top one weighed 90.. I let both of these fish go also.. goin to try this weekend if everything works out..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the big one I don't remember, the smaller one, right behind the gills where that hook mark is...:D:D

HEHE!

Here are a couple of mine. The first pic is of one that broke the rod in half.
It got close to the bank but not close enough to catch for a pic.
the second is about a 35 pounder. We snag them real regular. Its still a heck of a fight:D

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00575.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00573.jpg

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend just told me that his uncle went snagging the other day, said that his uncle snagged 5 spoonies between 40 to 60 pounds in 2 hours and said that the spoonies are getting more active and thick in one of the river system out in eastern of Okla and I am thinking about going there tomorrow! I am super thrilled to go and snagging some spoonies! :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend just told me that his uncle went snagging the other day, said that his uncle snagged 5 spoonies between 40 to 60 pounds in 2 hours and said that the spoonies are getting more active and thick in one of the river system out in eastern of Okla and I am thinking about going there tomorrow! I am super thrilled to go and snagging some spoonies! :thumb:

Take lots of pics!:D

trippinrulz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok the spring river near miami is actually 8 miles east of town, neosho river runs directly through town and can be fished below the low water dam, ODWC has set an egg taking facility just north of twin bridges state park, check thier site to see a pooulation report.

Latest posts

Top Bottom