Spotlight/Flashlight recommendations ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to have the big rechargeable handheld spotlight to watch the critters in the backyard. Went kaput and the replacement battery was going to cost almost as much as the light.

I would like to have a hid or led that uses less battery life. The back of the property is 130 yards. I would like to find a rechargeable, white light that is small enough to carry if you wanted. Not the big heavy light like I used to have. Any ideas for a light with a reasonable price ?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not rechargeable (it uses C-cell batteries, so you could use rechargeables), but I have a Life Gear LG454 that, at 1000 lumens, will flat out light things up. It uses an array of LEDs, and is easy enough to carry.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the Fenix PD35. It's a pocket sized light. Runs on either 123 batteries or an 18650 rechargeable battery. I think it's 800 lumens.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't generally like to buy or promote Chinese products, but it's incredible the amount of brightness they can pack into a small flashlight and sell it cheap. Like this one-

http://www.tmart.com/UltraFire-WF-5...es-LED-Flashlight-Electric-Torch_p150607.html

I've got 2 of these, or maybe it's a clone of these, and they are astoundingly bright for the size. They use unconventional rechargeable batteries, and you will also have to buy a charger, but all of that together will probably cost you less than $30. Read some of the reviews and decide for yourself. When buying these Chinese flashlights, I will only consider them if they are highly rated by all of the other customers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom