Spotlight/Flashlight recommendations ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make some nice big-boy toys. I have one of their 1 watt blue lasers.

Me too lol. And one of their green astronomy pointers. The torch doesn't get used much around here, they stay locked up away from the nephews. Used to be on woot all the time, but haven't seen one on there all the time

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's 200 ft from my patio to the back fence and I use this one to check for critters when I let the dog out at night. They are usually on sale for this price and with their 20% off coupon they are under $9.They used to use a weird kind of 4.5V battery that would only last about 6 months before they would not recharge any more. The last one I bought says it has a lithium battery now and seems to be lasting longer but is not quite as bright as the older ones. They use a halogen bulb. I tried a $30 Black And Decker one from WalMart that only lasted about 4 months before it wouldn't recharge so I went back to buying the cheap one at Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/one-million-candlepower-rechargeable-cordless-spotlight-69286.html

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought the streamlight 88040 protac HL, rated at 600 lumens. I love it and the light is very natural and good gosh it's bright!!! $78 on Amazon. This replaced my Fenix Tk11. It was about the same price, but this is way better.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a Fenix RC15 it was a touch pricy but I think I saw a special on them at Amazon for $109. They are rechargeable come with a auto charger and an AC charger and two batteries. The highest setting is 860 lumens and it will reach way out there. The best part is the size, it is a small enough flashlight that it can comfortably fit in a pocket, also it has four settings so you only have to use the highest setting if you need it. Yes it's pricey but well built and seems to me to be a great deal considering its size, durability, power, and the fact that its rechargeable.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found three that I'm interested in....anyone ever owned one of these? Again, looking for watching animals out the back window up to about 100 yards.....Want to spend $50 to $100 unless someone is aware of a great black Friday deal...
Nitecore MH25
Nitecore EA4 http://www.batteryjunction.com/lumapower-d-mini-vx2-xml2.html
Voidhawk http://voidhawkflashlights.com/

I'm own both the mh25 (rechargeable 18650 battery) and the ea4 (4 aa batteries). They are both great little lights.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that the OP has gotten some recommendations, I wondered if I could ask about a LED flashlight, powered by AA or AAA batteries, of at least 600 lumens where the output is adjusted via a rotating bezel, with the tail switch being used only to turn on/off the flashlight. I'm not a fan of having to click through the various settings to get to the one I want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom