Spreadsheet for AR15 build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a spreadsheet used to build a rifle? I want to keep track of the pieces and the cost of everything. Also, being my first build, not sure of everything I need.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make your own
Upper half
BCG
Charging Handle
Upper Receiver
Forward Assist
Ejection port cover
Barrel
Gas Tube
Gas Block
Muzzle Device
Handguard
Sights

Lower Half
Receiver
LPK
Grip
Trigger Guard
Extension Tube with parts
Stock

With all of that, there are a lot of things you could change depending on what you want. After market trigger, forward grips, rail sections, buffer etc.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a complete rifle. Learn with it and upgrade as needed.

AR parts are very interchangeable so pretty much any one can throw one together with basic tools - but if everything was perfect every time, we wouldn't have "my AR doesn't work" thread every other week.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make your own
Upper half
BCG
Charging Handle
Upper Receiver
Forward Assist
Ejection port cover
Barrel
Gas Tube
Gas Block
Muzzle Device
Handguard
Sights

Lower Half
Receiver
LPK
Grip
Trigger Guard
Extension Tube with parts
Stock

With all of that, there are a lot of things you could change depending on what you want. After market trigger, forward grips, rail sections, buffer etc.

Pretty much what I did. Also know there are a few "high dollar" things I would like but not worried about getting till later on that I put in a section I made near the bottom. And if you are going to need tools for the build make sure to add those on too so you don't forget when you are making a purchase. Sometimes you can get the armorer's tool for a song when you are already buying other parts.

After you have purchased an item move it into a purchased section and put the price with shipping so you can keep a running total of your actual cost vs the estimated and if you are going to buy online put a link next to each item so it's easy to find when you make your purchase and find again if you start on another project.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a complete rifle. Learn with it and upgrade as needed.

AR parts are very interchangeable so pretty much any one can throw one together with basic tools - but if everything was perfect every time, we wouldn't have "my AR doesn't work" thread every other week.

That's no fun and mostly a waste of money considering today's market.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I've spent so much time on the internet looking up prices for various parts.

MY QUESTION IS THIS....Can you save any money building a rifle or is the only benefit to build one to your EXACT likes?

I saw a Remington R15 in the $850+ range and can't build anything close to that.

I want a predator rig that has a 18" 1:8 rifle length barrel, an ACE skeleton stock ($90) with a round style fore grip, not a quad rail. Don't care much about any other features. Anyone know how to build one less than $850 or so?

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a "good'' complete rifle could be done with an 18" barrel and your requests for somewhere around $900 pieced together. If you want a first tier barrel, your looking at 930-970$. Some areas you can cut corners, but not many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom