Spreadsheet for AR15 build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked and by the time I found something off the shelf that was close to what I wanted to build it would have been around 1500 not to mention would have had some parts I still would have change like the pistol grip and would not have had the bull barrel I have, I built it for around 900 and could probably sell it for 1400 to 1500 easily, in fact had an offer that I didn't take at one point for that.

But I also built with a lower that isn't a big "name brand" like spikes or sekins. Got the stripped upper free with the barrel I bought and waited till I could catch some stuff on sale. YMMV but I have had zero complaints from the people who have shot mine other than it's a heavy monster with the bull barrel on it and my step daughter as well as my wife want one just like it since there is nearly no recoil.

I would say shop around and look for a few things that fit what you are wanting to build then start watching for sales. If you can't wait for a sale then you will pay more for the parts. I got my lower from aim surplus, upper and barrel from surplus arms, Lower build kit (blackhawk) from Palmetto state, gas block and tube as well as the handguard from brownells, and the foregrip from amazon. I also gathered parts for about 16 months before I finally put it all together.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_17_c28885563658715992d829d5b560e5cd.jpg

I have 950 in this I believe without scope and mount. First ground up build I've done. I had trouble getting it to run at first but marks firearms got it running for me. Was fairly simple other than gas block issues I had.

Since I did a carbine for my dad and it ran like a champ out of the gates

Not real hard but I have been slowly been buying the more specialized tools to make it easier.

Sent via message in a bottle

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you hesitate with - "if I Don't like it"..........you are better off Buying an upper from a reputable company.........lowers are basic and easy to deal with, but a lot of buyers hesitate on Franken builds of person XYZ. SO if you want Simple, and something to retain at least some value down the road, your better off with BCM or DD or another top tier UPPER...... as most don't care what you spent on your build, thus thinking I spent $900 and will get 1400 out of it is looney during our current state of "Freak out".

Most places are overstocked and running frequent deals, granted most bought larger storage units/facilities off of the SandyHook meltdown.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-18 ss410 vtrx13.htm

"Free BCG" with any upper still, which BCM Bcg's run 140-170 all day.........thus a pretty Healthy deal getting a BCM Built Upper for $544 with a 410ss barrel.

https://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=2420

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rock_River_Arms_18_Competition_1_8_Twist_Complet_p/rra-ar0700.htm

I'd go BCM before RRA for sure, but RRA has decent gear.

So $715 for the BCM upper and Aero Precision or Spikes Spartan or Punisher lower, tube, stock ?? and such and your slightly over budget hitting around $900. That is a pretty Nice Rifle.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_17_c28885563658715992d829d5b560e5cd.jpg

I have 950 in this I believe without scope and mount. First ground up build I've done. I had trouble getting it to run at first but marks firearms got it running for me. Was fairly simple other than gas block issues I had.

Since I did a carbine for my dad and it ran like a champ out of the gates

Not real hard but I have been slowly been buying the more specialized tools to make it easier.

Sent via message in a bottle

What barrel is that? And what is the stainless looking thing right in front of the handguard?

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a spreadsheet used to build a rifle? I want to keep track of the pieces and the cost of everything. Also, being my first build, not sure of everything I need.

I have one that I made. I set it up to calculate any tax, shipping, tools (punches, receiver block) etc.

I use it not only to track, but to pre-price out the gun. Works for me, but YMMV.

There is also some really good advice above my post . While it takes the fun/skill out of the build, you can definitely purchase a complete upper cheaper than you can build it, but you won't get it with exactly what you want in it for cheaper.

PM and I will send it to you if you want.

-Vood

Latest posts

Top Bottom