Squirrel hunting without killing a mama?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We really enjoy watching them so they get a pass until they start destroying my property. This was yesterday before lunch. SOBs dug up 2 flats of pansies and ate a chair cushion. Into the pot they go.

Attachments

• IMG_4924.jpeg
    IMG_4924.jpeg
    9.2 MB
  • IMG_4925.jpeg
    IMG_4925.jpeg
    1.8 MB

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell of a price to pay just for messing up a few pansies. 😕
Every animal we consume pays that same price, and most of em don’t even get to see my pansies. If I threw them in the trash, I’d agree with you.
Dude - that's a couple batches of gumbo right there!
Amen. That’s my exact plan. Gumbo or a smothered squirrel recipe I’ve been eyeballing around the campfire first weekend of muzzleloader season. Definitely dont tell ron what I’m gonna do to the deer eating my acorns.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every animal we consume pays that same price, and most of em don’t even get to see my pansies. If I threw them in the trash, I’d agree with you.

Amen. That’s my exact plan. Gumbo or a smothered squirrel recipe I’ve been eyeballing around the campfire first weekend of muzzleloader season. Definitely dont tell ron what I’m gonna do to the deer eating my acorns.
If you don't have a good gumbo recipe let me know. Sis lived in Louisiana for a while and procured a good one with chicken, shrimp, Andouille and catfish. (mix and match proteins as available) Squirrel is a better choice than chicken, but you need to brown it, then cook until tender (really tender) before adding to the pot. First you make a roux....

Latest posts

Top Bottom