Stabby and Pokey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bro has a blacklight that I'm gonna go get so I can snap some pics. I've read that blacklights are kinda stressful on them so you shouldn't put them under one for very long.

Interesting. All I know is that's how they find them at night when they are collecting them.

I don't blame ya on the Emperors, they look the meanest to me but those guys are pretty docile and relatively boring.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool! We had a rash of scorpions in and around our house in Bartlesville around '84-85. We lived a ways outside of town and I got stabbed by one one night in our living room. I thought my leg was on fire. Burned like crazy for 10-15 minutes then was gone. Not something I'd like to go through again.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Details man, details.

Oh, and pics too.

What did it feel like?

And how the hell did you get stung?
I was cleaning up the tank and got my hand too close. I felt it hit, but didn't realize I was stung until a few minutes later. All I've got is a tiny little red mark on the back of my pinkie finger that looks like a pin prick. No swelling or anything.

It hurt like hell. Its brief pain, and then feels like electricity going through the arm.

pics or it didnt happen!!!!!!!!:wink2:
See above

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The little brown scorpions like to hang out under our hangar door. Every time I open it, two or three of the little bastards scurry out. I can say that a couple ounces of JetA, when applied directly to their evil bodies, will kill them...presumably by dissolving their little waxy exoskeletons. I can also attest to the fact that it is a faster process if you add a match.

I like most critters, snakes inclusive, but I set the limit on number of legs on one critter that I can tolerate at six.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom