Starlink now available for entire USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just looking to see the price difference of the home version vs the mobile version, and it‘s $30/month. Mine is already set up and working, and it sure would be a hassle to switch it. I’m still going to look into it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can do mobile for just one month? I thought about taking it with me to my parents' house to let them try it out but I'm not willing to change for all time just to try that for them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorta I guess? I ordered mine, and paid...and they didn't bill for service until like 20 days. I think service is free for first "month" but you still gotta pay up front for hardware and deal with a return.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll keep my fiber, thank you.

I’m looking hard at Starlink, because Windstream is being very poky about running fiber optic from the subdivision directly across the street to my small neighborhood. They claim it’s because there are so few houses, and we still have copper connections so it’d be expensive to run fiber, yada yada. Bottom line, right across the street they pay something like 40 cents to a dollar per mbps download, while I’m paying 5 bucks! So Starlink would be a feasible option at around two bucks per mbps download, after startup costs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, Starlink mobile is a pay as you go service.
From their website:

With Starlink's Mobile plans, you can take your high-speed, low-latency internet service with you wherever you go. Pause and resume your plan based on your travel needs and stay connected in any location where Starlink is available.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking hard at Starlink, because Windstream is being very poky about running fiber optic from the subdivision directly across the street to my small neighborhood. They claim it’s because there are so few houses, and we still have copper connections so it’d be expensive to run fiber, yada yada. Bottom line, right across the street they pay something like 40 cents to a dollar per mbps download, while I’m paying 5 bucks! So Starlink would be a feasible option at around two bucks per mbps download, after startup costs.
There are less than ten(10) houses on my country dirt road, not even a street, and the local power company strung fiber. My up/down speeds quite fast. And it's $5 cheaper than the slooooow dish.net that I had before.

1697050643760.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom