Starlink now available for entire USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are less than ten(10) houses on my country dirt road, not even a street, and the local power company strung fiber. My up/down speeds quite fast. And it's $5 cheaper than the slooooow dish.net that I had before.

View attachment 418762

You’re lucky. There are four houses on my street, and I know two of the neighbors don’t even have an Internet connection unless they went cellular.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
starlink is 120 residential 150 mobile 250 on a boat why would being on a boat cost so much? you're all bouncing off the same satellite. looks like an expensive gimmick

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is there a data limit on the starlink residential? do they throttle after a certain data amount? i guess you have to run a cable from the antenna into the house??? or is it all wireless?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No data cap, I don't think they throttle. You run a cable from dish to router. Comes with 75ft, can get longer. It powers the dish (which moves around to pick up satellites as needed), and heats up to melt snow...and brings the signal in from the dish to the router.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My one neighbor who has Windstream besides me, just told me he’s ditching it for T-Mobile cellular. Apparently they sent him a router, and so far he’s getting 30-40 mbps download, a 3X increase from what he was getting with Windstream - for the same monthly cost. So that might be another option for me, especially since the Windstream agent I spoke with today said they might bring fiber to my street after the middle of next year - maybe. She couldn’t say for sure.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No data cap, I don't think they throttle. You run a cable from dish to router. Comes with 75ft, can get longer. It powers the dish (which moves around to pick up satellites as needed), and heats up to melt snow...and brings the signal in from the dish to the router.

I read that while there’s no data cap, if you go over 250 GB in a month, you might get a lower priority for service. I read that as “throttling.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom