State Farm auto claim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does your friends policy cover? The roof will be prorated, how olds the roof? Did they ever file a roof claim, pocket the money and not have the roof replaced? if so that could lead to the claim being denied.

No, lol, none of that has anything to do with this claim. FWIW, a lot of SF policies are still grandfathered in, so they are not taking a roof schedule unless new business. Even then they, and many other carriers are skeptical of roofs over 10 yrs old.

I have full replacement cost coverage. If it costs $50 a few years ago but now costs $200 it gets replaced, only out of pocket is my deductible.

I had my roof replaced last December. the roof was 13 years old, It had started to leak, you could hear it when it rained. I called a roofer I know, been in business 20 years, I was thinking replace a couple roof vents and flashing, nope I heard the sound of the shingles crunch under his feet, he stopped looked around came down and said file a claim, you need a new roof.

Used the app, filed the claim, claims adjuster contacted me, we set a time for her to come out. She came out, met the roofer here, she spent 2 hours going over the roof, gutters, siding, windows, sheetrock inside.

When she was done, she said new roof, let me get the forms started, then said we can send the first check by mail or do a instant deposit. I chose instant, she told me what I needed to do when she sent me the email few minutes later, bam got a deposit alert on my phone, roofer said we will be here Wed to start.

They showed up house was roofed and site cleaned by 4pm, I sent pics to the adjuster, the next day she released the amount for the full replacement costs of the roof minus the amount she paid earlier. Roofer was paid in full on Friday by me with a cashier's check.

Never needed to call my agent, who would direct you to the claims department anyway, since that's who handles claims, not the agent.

My auto comprehensive claim went just as smooth, all done thru the app.

Glad you had a good experience with them, we've seen all sorts of issues with them and Farmer's. They both got their azz handed to them on the Father's Day storm.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI...I've received one text and one phone call from State Farm, since I filed complaints. The usual BS, thank you for being a State Farm customer and we are trying to remedy the long hold times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom