"Staying Warm" Your feet this time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer to wear wear Lacrosse insulated alphaburly rubber boots. They are water proof and hold the heat in your boot pretty well. If I wear wool socks I definately like to wear the thin liner silocks underneath them.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to go snowmobiling in South Dakota, 60mph in sub zero temp will get you chilly in a hurry. Toes always went cold first because they aren't active like your hands.

Like someone else said moisture wicking socks are crucial but another trick my Dad taught me was to put baby powder on your feet before you put your socks on. It's very absorbent so it eats the sweat for awhile.

Keeping them dry for as long as possible is the key to keeping them warm. Once your toes sweat a little, the perspiration cools quickly and it's all down hill. I'd powder up every time we came in to change socks because it would extend the warm toe time considerably.

oldnslow1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some LaCross rubber boots from Pats Archery in Oklmulgee and they are the best I have ever worn. They come with two liners, one made of GorTex and the other is a material with aluminum woven in. You can choose which liner based on the temperature or you can wear both. I bought mine about 25 years ago and they only go to the deer woods.

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used the electric socks. The kind that use a "D" cell on each sock. I dont turn them on until my feet do get cold. they will warm up slowly but they do work. When it warms up I turn them off. I also use the oversize boot trick with the electric socks. Hot hands too when it is below freezing.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not found a warm boot yet. I thought i did when i bought the woody max muck boots at the first of this year. They are great untill i set for afew hours and the cold sets in. I have not tried wool socks. My feet have been gitting cold every morning i have went out this week and its not cold yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom