Steel Challenge/USSA/Sun.Oct 4=fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would this be a good match for a newbi to come too?

I thought about coming out for this one, but it will be my first one. I would hate to go out there and get my rear handed to me by the pros.

I have a Nighthawk Custom 1911... but I thought about putting my Marvel conversion and shooting the rimfire course with it.

Yes! It is a great match for a first match! Come on out! We will help you.

I'm planning on going and I have never even seen a steel challenge (except on vid), so if you come out you won't be the only newbie.

The more the merrier!

i would like to try it as well is there a link to the rules anywhere, as far as gun type/classes, and will there be any running to targets or are the all shot from one place, the reason that i ask is i am coming off of a broken leg and am still in a brace, come to think of it maybe i should just watch.

http://steelchallenge.com/

Come on out! There will be plenty of people to help you.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would like to try it as well is there a link to the rules anywhere, as far as gun type/classes, and will there be any running to targets or are the all shot from one place, the reason that i ask is i am coming off of a broken leg and am still in a brace, come to think of it maybe i should just watch.

Bring your gun and shoot. Steel Challenge is a great first match. The rules are simple and the stages are simpler. Trust me, if you come just to watch you'll be wishing you were shooting by the second or third stage. It's a blast. Bring your gun out and have some fun with us! :Heya:

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to 2 now and get my rear handed to me. But I still have a blast I look forward to it every month. My friend even postponed his birthday dinner to come after he had such a good time last month.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone shooting in the rimfire class? I don't know if I'll make it to this one, but would like to try out the rimfire class in the future.

I was wondering 1) is there separate iron sight and open classes 2) what are people using for mag holders and how many 3) I know that the rimfire class doesn't involve holsters, but are people wearing them anyway and what kind (specifically for a gun with a red dot optic) or do you generally just case them between rounds?

Thanks for the help.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't shot rimfire but the few guys i have seen just place the mags on the table. and bag it when there done shooting. There is 2 classes though iron and optic. someone will come around that knows more then i do.

Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey the more newbies the better! I just shot my first at Oil Cap last weekend and loved it! There were a couple of people that had never even shot a gun let alone a match! If you keep the right mind set "it's all about having fun" you will have fun and shoot better. I'm hooked!

Latest posts

Top Bottom