Steel Targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To qualify my post above about the scrap yard being your friend- For LSWC's out of a .45 ACP, 22LR and whatever else standard velocity fodder that falls out of my pistol barrels at 25 and 50yd, thick scrap steel works absolutely fine. It doesn't deform, even after several thousand hits. Allowing the target to move a bit, like hanging it from scrap chain or building it hinged from it's mounts helps. Old (Free, from gas suppliers) welding cylinders cut in half or thirds and hung from chains make decent silhouette targets.

YMMV

AmmoSpydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how construction sites are in OK, but in Florida I was able to simply find the shift supervisor and I asked him for some scrap material. A little here and there for 3 years. I beams, flat steel. I cut small I-beam pieces into two targets. I have a very nice setup, were all but one 10" plate were free.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To qualify my post above about the scrap yard being your friend- For LSWC's out of a .45 ACP, 22LR and whatever else standard velocity fodder that falls out of my pistol barrels at 25 and 50yd, thick scrap steel works absolutely fine. It doesn't deform, even after several thousand hits. Allowing the target to move a bit, like hanging it from scrap chain or building it hinged from it's mounts helps. Old (Free, from gas suppliers) welding cylinders cut in half or thirds and hung from chains make decent silhouette targets.

YMMV

IF you hit them in the Same spot it will deform them..... LOL

Good ideas

The post about ..jobsites....shhh we dont want all those people at Our sites.... LOL

Big pieces of sprinkler pipe makes a great gong..for shooting longer distances...rifle will penetrate....8/

Latest posts

Top Bottom