stolen guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve68

New to the site!
Reaction score
Had several items stolen from home this week. Two firearms, Hungarian AK47 and Hi point 40 Cal. Had serial numbers and a lot of ammo for both weapons. Figure I will never see any of my things again. Made police report, but even though parts of home were trashed they said they do not take prints or try, left me thinking WTF? specially with firearms.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had several items stolen from home this week. Two firearms, Hungarian AK47 and Hi point 40 Cal. Had serial numbers and a lot of ammo for both weapons. Figure I will never see any of my things again. Made police report, but even though parts of home were trashed they said they do not take prints or try, left me thinking WTF? specially with firearms.
Most police departments dont know how to lift prints i would put a call into the OSBI or FBI since firearms were involved.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even worse if they show up in a pawn shop those people do not have to run numbers.
If you found your gun in a pawn shop they do not have to give it back..You must buy it for their advertised price.
The system. It is all messed up.

Unless it has changed that is the way it is.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even worse if they show up in a pawn shop those people do not have to run numbers.
If you found your gun in a pawn shop they do not have to give it back..You must buy it for their advertised price.
The system. It is all messed up.

Unless it has changed that is the way it is.
A buddy is a shop manager here in Norman. If something hits, the police come and take it to lockup. Shop is out of luck. Almost all shops today are online file, so the serial numbers hit pretty quick. In the past, LE would stop by the shop and have to check the books, not any more.
If you can't get something back, call the pawn brokers association. Next would the be the TV station.

Latest posts

Top Bottom