Stop the Bleed or Like Class?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check with the American Red Cross and see if they have any courses you could take by yourself. Or see if a church would host a group class.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the closest stop the bleed classes are in the Dallas area, does anyone know of a local equivalent? I would like to hone my skills that I learned working trauma cases, when I'm all by my lonesome. Not going to have a team and a fully equipped trauma bay, if I have to use my knowledge in the field. Also like to put my son through one, so he has a clue. After all, it could be me with the hole, leaking red stuff. Thanks.
Live tissue classes are king. Probably cant find those though.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a bleeding control class from an OSA member many years ago. A while after I learned about the Stop The Bleed program and called up the Broken Arrow Fire Department and informed them about the program. BAFD reached CPR classes for the public and in my mind bleeding control was just as important as CPR. They agreed and started offering the class a few times per year to the public.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Stop the Bleed class was the last worksite training session I had before retirement but was probably one of the best. It was taught by a Tulsa County Sheriff’s deputy who was one of those contracted by Tulsa Tech for security. You might even find the course in the adult education program at a local technology center.

Latest posts

Top Bottom