Stress!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it stressfull to always avoid confrontation just because you are carrying? I realized when I got my permit that I would have to always seek to not escalate a situation that I might find myself in, but sometimes I find it hard to keep my mouth shut. I hope the young man at Quik Trip today understands that the next person he runs his mouth to may not be as good natured as I am, or maybe I should leave my pistol at home and go find him and see if we can't "reach an understanding".
Thanks for letting me vent . Anymore, young people just piss me off.:rant:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually find it more calming when I carry. I'm less stressful when carrying, because I put myself in a mindset of avoiding confrontation. I ignore the idiots a lot easier when I know I don't want anything to happen.

A sheriff friend of mine told me in the past to think of it like this....

You have the power to make the decision of what happens to the idiot. Just think to yourself, "I have the power to kill you right now, but I'm going to let you live today." Then just smile at your secret and carry on. He has no idea how close he came to death. And you held all the power.

The other person will still be a stupid idiot, but you have the ability to leave his idiocy to himself (in most cases).

There's also another saying that I like..."Never let those who are below you P*$$ you off. They are not worthy." That covers a lot of people in society. ;)

At least, thinking like that works for me. :)

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just the type of guy who doesnt want any kind of aggressive confrontation at any time unless I absolutely have to. I try everyday not to be rude to anyone. But, I will always have my .45acp on me incase talking about it doesn't quite work. I don't let anyone know it's there, and I don't think I'm John Wayne.

What was that quote..." tread lightly but carry a big stick"

I have never had to draw a weapon to de-escalate a situation, but a few times I'm glad I had it! There are some real nutjobs out there.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years of martial arts and boxing competition when I was younger,and then building myself up thru years of powerlifting after the boxing was over, all before ever being able to carry a (concealed) gun legal, conditioned me to try harder to get along with people than most other people have had to do. I come across a lot of people who irk me,for whatever reason,but Ive just had to learn to be able to blow them off and go on. You have to just bite your lip and walk away,or learn how to intimidate them into silence without touching them,or brandishing,etc. Whatever works.

A fistfight,the thing you did back in the day when I was a kid to solve most problems, is not only illegal and could land you in jail or prison, but could also get you in alot of financial trouble if you hurt someone as litigious as our society is these days. No one wants to fork over their hardearned cash to someone after they win a lawsuit against you for smacking them around. That smartass comment they made and the action you took just cost you alot of money,or time. Its not worth it. The better man just walks away.

And now that we're legally carrying guns for protection,we have an even greater responsibility and an even greater need to be able to restrain ourselves. I just remind myself of the old saying- "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". Ive been known over the years to invite people who started stuff with me to come to the gym and put the gloves on and fight it out in a controlled situation, but as a former competitive boxer that realistically was never very fair to them unless they had had some training. And now that I'm older with a bum knee and a bad back the last thing I want to do is get in the ring with some kid. I still box,practice martial arts,and lift heavy weights, but its only for my health nowadays. Some cardio and strength training but my routines today are nothing like when I was training for fights in my late teens and twenties. Its time for me to be an old man and leave the fighting to the kids.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so far i've had one situation where a guy wanted to pick a fight with me. He was much bigger than me and taller and he was trying to get me to fight him but i wouldnt do it. He backed down because he is a bum and a loser and knew i was carrying, he told me I wasnt a man because i didnt want to fight him.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so far i've had one situation where a guy wanted to pick a fight with me. He was much bigger than me and taller and he was trying to get me to fight him but i wouldnt do it. He backed down because he is a bum and a loser and knew i was carrying, he told me I wasnt a man because i didnt want to fight him.

Isn't it funny how people like that guy enjoy showing the rest of the world how insecure they are?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stress, the frustration that occurs when ones intellect overrides ones desire to choke the ever loving life out of some idiot.

I have gotten much calmer, peoples idiocy just makes me laugh most of the time, and if it needs to be addressed then there tends to be recourse to address most situations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom