Stress!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is what scares me about getting my CC. I hope they will teach me how and when to control my anger when obstacles arise. I am taking my class in a week

They aren't going to teach you that, it is something you have to teach yourself. You just have to remember when you get your CCL you don't really have any more rights than anyone else, you are just able to use a better tool than most to defend yourself. Everyone has the right to match deadly force with deadly force and protect his or herself. The best thing would be to avoid confrontation as much as possible especially when carrying.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YMMV, but I usually tell people who have severe anger issues to not get a CCL. If you're the type of person who is likely to throw a punch, pull a knife, swing or throw an object over a smart remark, then what are you going to do if you're carrying a gun? If a smart remark sets you off, then what will happen if you get into a real heated situation?

Just some questions to ask yourself.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At some point you have to realize that changing how other morons act is not your job and in reality who cares how some azzhat acts or what they call you. Lifes to short to worry about other people, just captain the ship you're in.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry pepper spray (Fox), for those "grey areas" that I might come across when I wouldn't be able to justify using deadly force. Last thing I want to do is have someone try to start a fight with me while I'm carrying.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually find it more calming when I carry. I'm less stressful when carrying, because I put myself in a mindset of avoiding confrontation. I ignore the idiots a lot easier when I know I don't want anything to happen.

A sheriff friend of mine told me in the past to think of it like this....

You have the power to make the decision of what happens to the idiot. Just think to yourself, "I have the power to kill you right now, but I'm going to let you live today." Then just smile at your secret and carry on. He has no idea how close he came to death. And you held all the power.

The other person will still be a stupid idiot, but you have the ability to leave his idiocy to himself (in most cases).

There's also another saying that I like..."Never let those who are below you P*$$ you off. They are not worthy." That covers a lot of people in society. ;)

At least, thinking like that works for me. :)

Amen to this ^^^^^.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually find it more calming when I carry. I'm less stressful when carrying, because I put myself in a mindset of avoiding confrontation. I ignore the idiots a lot easier when I know I don't want anything to happen.

A sheriff friend of mine told me in the past to think of it like this....

You have the power to make the decision of what happens to the idiot. Just think to yourself, "I have the power to kill you right now, but I'm going to let you live today." Then just smile at your secret and carry on. He has no idea how close he came to death. And you held all the power.

The other person will still be a stupid idiot, but you have the ability to leave his idiocy to himself (in most cases).

There's also another saying that I like..."Never let those who are below you P*$$ you off. They are not worthy." That covers a lot of people in society. ;)

At least, thinking like that works for me. :)

I agree with this. Just remember that you hold the power of life and death over them. Nobody and nothing is worth losing EVERYTHING over unless you are in grave danger. I certainly don't want to married to the man with the most cigarettes.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry pepper spray (Fox), for those "grey areas" that I might come across when I wouldn't be able to justify using deadly force. Last thing I want to do is have someone try to start a fight with me while I'm carrying.

This is a smart thing to do. If you are worried about confrontation. Just because someone wants to kick your a$$ does not mean your life is in danger.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is a smart thing to do. If you are worried about confrontation. Just because someone wants to kick your a$$ does not mean your life is in danger.

Agreed but the statute reads.....in fear of death or great bodily injury.If the age and physicality is great you have to make that decision.My belief is that broken bones,dislocated limbs,etc. are great bodily harm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom