Stress!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed but the statute reads.....in fear of death or great bodily injury.If the age and physicality is great you have to make that decision.My belief is that broken bones,dislocated limbs,etc. are great bodily harm.

I agree with you. That's why I carry spray. Hopefully the spray will defuse the situation before I have to pull a gun (in those situations where there might be a grey area). Not in obvious life or deaths situations or great bodily harm scenarios (someone coming at me with a baseball bat). The problem would be in cases that aren't obvious great bodily harm situations. If someone comes at me in an aggressive manner and wants to fight, regardless of how big or small they are, they're getting sprayed. Call me an unfair fighter (yes I believe in winning a fight), but I'm not even going to take a chance of getting my butt kicked while I'm carrying. Puts the potential BG in the position of having me over a barrel if they see my weapon. With that said, I'm a peaceful person, but I like to be prepared.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed but the statute reads.....in fear of death or great bodily injury.If the age and physicality is great you have to make that decision.My belief is that broken bones,dislocated limbs,etc. are great bodily harm.

As long as your definition and the laws definition are similar you should be ok. People need to look at every situation as if they do not have any weapons at all. What I mean is if someone steps on your shoes, flips you off, curses at you, disrespects you. Would you still escalate the situation without any weapons at all? Or are you escalating the situation because you have a gun?

Latest posts

Top Bottom