Suggestions on AR style 12 Gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Akdal 1919s were popular in 3 gun for about 6 months. They went away quickly because nobody could get one to be totally reliable.
Every AR and AK type shotgun I've witnessed has had major reliability issues, and every single time I see it, the owner says the same thing. "Man, this thing has been 100% for x amount of rounds. I don't know what's happening"

If you want it just as a range toy, then an Akdal would be fine, but if you want total reliability, get a Benelli.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Remington 870 DM might fit the bill if a pump action would suffice.

A Remington TAC 14 would also fit the price point ( I got one of these last year ).

A Mossberg 930?

Good luck!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Akdal 1919s were popular in 3 gun for about 6 months. They went away quickly because nobody could get one to be totally reliable.
Every AR and AK type shotgun I've witnessed has had major reliability issues, and every single time I see it, the owner says the same thing. "Man, this thing has been 100% for x amount of rounds. I don't know what's happening"

If you want it just as a range toy, then an Akdal would be fine, but if you want total reliability, get a Benelli.

I’d have to agree on the Akudal. Mine tuns great then gets the occasional FTE. I think it’s mag related. The standard capacity mag runs great, the 10 rounders is when issues show up.
Tromix can tune them up I’ve been told.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IM, have you seen anyone run a Saiga S12 that’s been tuned by Tromix?

Benelli M4’s are nice and all - I had one - but there’s just something about a shotgun fed from a box magazine ;)

Yep. I've seen Tromix guns fail, as well as Firebird precision. You have to pour a lot of time and money into mag fed shotguns to get them to about 90% reliable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom