Summer in the Mountains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made Zapata falls and took the hike to get there although I didn’t actually see it inside the cave. There was a line of folks waiting their turn to wade And take pics inside it. Unfortunately a family from India or Pakistan that hadn’t bathed in months came up behind me with the wind blowing from them to us, and the crowd cleared in a heart beat. I don’t understand how they could stand themselves in the van they drove up in before the hike to the falls. It was horrible!
Thanks for the tip on the camp grounds. We have already booked part of next summer. I hope it’s the last time we have to go through an Oklahoma summer sweat season.
Here is as far as I got.
6f510e3ad6abcd4acb7af8922f34d68a.jpg

Oh, Man. You should have gone in. That water is a whole lot lower than the last times that we were up there. As an example, I was wearing boots that lack a few inches of reaching the bottom of my knees, and the water in the stream was just an inch or so below the top of the boots. While we were there that time, a young newlywed couple was there and had approached the cave via a "trail" along the edge. On their way back out, she was hesitant of stepping across about a 2 to 2 1/2-foot gap in the trail. So, I stepped over to offer her a hand as she made the step. Naturally, I stepped into a hole in the stream and got water in that boot.

My pictures of Zapata Falls and that area

Latest posts

Top Bottom